How much for motor software upgrade

doire fad

Oct 21, 2018
uk
LBS asking £30 for software upgrade to Bosch performance line CX (2021 Stereo Hybrid 160 SL)

Is that about right?

AndyB75

Aug 6, 2021
Northallerton
I had my software update (the 85 Nm one) done by my LBS for £10 when the bike was in for service recently. Thought that seemed reasonable

ggx

Dec 10, 2018
Sintra
I´ve got it "free". I´m a regular costumer , so It´s an indiret charge. If someone drop in a store just asking for the upgrade, supose it´s normal they charge the service. Looks easy and rapid, but if something goes wrong?

deksawyer

E*POWAH Master
Jan 11, 2020
Fife, Scotland
I was charged £15 for a local shop to swap out my Bosch motor under warranty (the bike was not bought from them). Double that for a SW update is ridiculous......

mak

🦷
Dec 27, 2019
uk
Last time i popped into the local bike shop to enquire about a software update to turn on the front light feature on the bosch unit i was told there's a 2 month lead time to book it in.

The place is dead as a dodo, your lucky if you see another sole inside whenever you pop in lol.
To be honest i would of paid £50 and still would just for the convenience of having it activated but i really cant be arsed with the attitude so I spent £350 on an exposure :rolleyes:

The worse part of this story is i purchased the light from the same shop at the same time he told me there to busy for my light activation :unsure:

Akiwi

🐸 Kermit Elite 🐸
Feb 6, 2019
Olching, Germany
Last time i popped into the local bike shop to enquire about a software update to turn on the front light feature on the bosch unit i was told there's a 2 month lead time to book it in.

The place is dead as a dodo, your lucky if you see another sole inside whenever you pop in lol.
To be honest i would of paid £50 and still would just for the convenience of having it activated but i really cant be arsed with the attitude so I spent £350 on an exposure :rolleyes:

The worse part of this story is i purchased the light from the same shop at the same time he told me there to busy for my light activation :unsure:
Lazy bastards. All they do is hook the bike up to a computer, set some parameters and let it run.
So from their time it is taking about 2 or 3 minutes.

Mteam

E*POWAH Elite
Aug 3, 2020
gone
£25-£30 seems to be the going rate if you didnt buy the bike from the shop in question. If you did buy the bike from the shop, then IMO it should be free , for the first couple of years at least.

I tried to book mine into a local bosch shop for an update but was told there was a few week wait, and then I'd have to leave the bike with them for a few days- sod that, for 10 minutes worth of effort with a laptop.

I found a guy near me who will come to your house and update it for you for £30, he came round the next day and sorted it in 10 minutes. He covers the stockport area if anyone wants his details just pm me.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles