How may i remove my pedals?

1oldfart

Oct 6, 2019
Outdoors
I looked at youtube, i was able to remove the pedal from the shop on the chain side.
Fallowing the youtube tutorial the other refuses to unscrew.
Is the a special *thing* because we are dealing with Ebikes?
If it counts this is a Yamaha/Giant 2021, a week old.

Mikerb

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
May 16, 2019
Weymouth
clockwise thread on the drive side, counter clockwise thread on the non drive side. So clockwise to take off

fenwick458

Oct 6, 2020
Cumbria
clockwise thread on the drive side, counter clockwise thread on the non drive side. So clockwise to take off

I remember this by turning towards the back of the bike no matter what side you're on to remove, and towards the front to tighten. A trick I was taught many years ago when working on really old vehicles that used to have the same style threads on their wheel nuts

1oldfart

Oct 6, 2019
Outdoors
I remember this by turning towards the back of the bike no matter what side you're on to remove, and towards the front to tighten. A trick I was taught many years ago when working on really old vehicles that used to have the same style threads on their wheel nuts
This is what i tried. That bike was in the box 10 days ago. It is strange that it feels stuck. I will give it an other try. Thanks

It worked :cool:

Last edited:

Tim1023

Aug 25, 2020
Hamburg, Germany
Rather embarrassingly, I had to take my bike into the lbs to get my peddles off once as they were so tight. Now, I take them off every few months to clean a regrease the threads. No problems since then.

KenX

E*POWAH Master
Jul 21, 2019
Briançon, France
I use 2 pedal wrenches, one for tightening, the other for removing, the removal wrench is twice the length of the tightening one........

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles