How accurate it the Kiox 300?

Marcharry

Mar 14, 2022
England
Good morning all.
I’ve previously posted about poor range on the new Bosch smart system 750 kWh.

Just back from my morning ride, I’m not sure on my exact range as the kiox300 read 39 miles. my Garmin watch read 36? The ride duration is way out too! I would have thought the Garmin would be correct?

Anyway I’ve rode the bike from A full charge until it died on me. I’m still not overly impressed with the range! Coming from a 500 kWh battery to a 750, it’s better but not by much. I would get around 35 miles doing a similar route same riding style. I’m going to see how it performs after a few chargers and discharge. If I don’t see an improvement I will contact Bosch to see if it’s faulty.
I really hope Bosch come up with some good updates for the new system, I suppose it is only early stages for the smart system.
has anyone else had the same experience?

Ballynoes

Nov 15, 2018
Scotland
I found my Kiox settings were all wrong it had my wheel circumference completely wrong.

Check it's set correctly and hopefully it will sort itself.

That said if you use different devices to record your rides, I bet no two will agree, at least I can't get mine to... I just leave my Garmin to upload to Strava, if the bike or anything else says different, so be it.

I also have the Kiox 300 and the 750w battery. I did 36 miles at the weekend with over 2000ft of uphill, (that would be in turbo, as I'm an old fat bloke). Still had over 30% battery left after I got home.

I never use anything less than Tour mode, see old fat bloke comment above :) . I have found the range of the new 750w battery as opposed to my older 500w bike to be quite a bit more. I recon on a good day, mostly in Tour I could get 60-70 miles no problem.

Obviously the higher the boost mode the less range you will get, the Kiox display tells me I have way less range left than I actually do.

Unfortunately Bosch will always tell you it's the boost mode, weight of the rider, terrain which affects the range of the battery, but hopefully the figures above will give you some indication.

Hanzzzie

Sep 4, 2021
Belgium
having the same... testbike was a 625 and could easily do 75'ish km's
with my 750W i just emtied a battery this weekend 60k, 570m altitude gain.

distance is accurate with komoot/strava but i hoped toi get more out of the battery...
not sure if it's my tires or if that has nothing to do with it (cube actionteam stereo hybrid 140 with Big Betty and Magic Mary combo)

Marcharry

Mar 14, 2022
England
I found my Kiox settings were all wrong it had my wheel circumference completely wrong.

Check it's set correctly and hopefully it will sort itself.

That said if you use different devices to record your rides, I bet no two will agree, at least I can't get mine to... I just leave my Garmin to upload to Strava, if the bike or anything else says different, so be it.

I also have the Kiox 300 and the 750w battery. I did 36 miles at the weekend with over 2000ft of uphill, (that would be in turbo, as I'm an old fat bloke). Still had over 30% battery left after I got home.

I never use anything less than Tour mode, see old fat bloke comment above :) . I have found the range of the new 750w battery as opposed to my older 500w bike to be quite a bit more. I recon on a good day, mostly in Tour I could get 60-70 miles no problem.

Obviously the higher the boost mode the less range you will get, the Kiox display tells me I have way less range left than I actually do.

Unfortunately Bosch will always tell you it's the boost mode, weight of the rider, terrain which affects the range of the battery, but hopefully the figures above will give you some indication.
Yes, this is the kind of range I’d expect. I don’t do crazy big climbs either. 36 miles would be a flat battery for me & that’s not using Turbo

Marcharry

Mar 14, 2022
England
having the same... testbike was a 625 and could easily do 75'ish km's
with my 750W i just emtied a battery this weekend 60k, 570m altitude gain.

distance is accurate with komoot/strava but i hoped toi get more out of the battery...
not sure if it's my tires or if that has nothing to do with it (cube actionteam stereo hybrid 140 with Big Betty and Magic Mary combo)
I can’t image tyers would make a significant difference. Maybe some but not 15 miles. Then 750 should be giving another 25% over your 625 🤷‍♂️
seams like some are doing much better & some doing much worse with the 750kwh System.

mtb-steve

Nov 4, 2021
Cumbria
Tyres made a noticeable difference to my hardtail Cube (625) but not 15 miles, I changed from Smart sam to a DHF2 and A conti Crossking rear.
I don't like the Tour+ as it seems to jump around the modes and can use more battery for me than the old Tour mode as it keeps jumping up to turbo when I don't want or need it, so are you using tour+?

Steve

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles