Levo Gen 2 Hope Fortus 30 / levo magnet problem, any solutions?

Layts

May 4, 2020
Newquay Cornwall
I’ve just fitted some new Hope Fortus 30 wheels on my 2019 levo. The rotor fits as expected but the magnet holder does not sit flush with the rotor due to it interfering with the edge of the Hope hub. I tightened the screws and it deforms the rotor. Thinking of filing down the magnet holder to fit but was curious if anyone else had a work around?

Legendary-dave

Aug 6, 2019
UK
I’ve just fitted some new Hope Fortus 30 wheels on my 2019 levo. The rotor fits as expected but the magnet holder does not sit flush with the rotor due to it interfering with the edge of the Hope hub. I tightened the screws and it deforms the rotor. Thinking of filing down the magnet holder to fit but was curious if anyone else had a work around?

Legendary-dave

Aug 6, 2019
UK
Hello I’ve just ordered the same for my levo , have you changed your rotor aswell or is it the same factory fitted that came with the bike ?

Layts

May 4, 2020
Newquay Cornwall
It’s the factory fitted rotor SRAM . I’ve filed the magnet holder a bit and it fits ok. Hoping there might be a cleaner fix. A washer might do the trick also.

Funkeydunk

Subscriber
May 28, 2019
Uk
I used the old shims of my old Shimano Rotors, these raised up the magnet by a mill or two. The shims are the ones that sit under t bolts on Shimano rotors on old wheels. 1598342190158.jpeg

BTTB

Jan 10, 2019
Planet Earth
I've had to replace my rear Rovalon my Levo due to the freehub splitting. Not happy since only ride 200km. Anyhow bought a Hope Fortus 30 rear wheel and it fitted perfectly, no issues with the magnet ;)

Wiltshire Warrior

E*POWAH Master
Jul 3, 2018
Poole
with hope pro 4 and the hope floating rotor the magnet holder is too wide and catches! So Hope should come up with a solution for us?

escrs

Jun 26, 2019
UK
with hope pro 4 and the hope floating rotor the magnet holder is too wide and catches! So Hope should come up with a solution for us?

My bike has Hope Fortus 30 wheels with V4 vented rotors and the magnet clears my frame fine

My magnet evens sticks out a little further than usual due to the Hope V4 rotor have slightly recessed bolt holes which means when you tighten the magnet down it bends the rotor slightly as the magnet puts pressure on the section of rotor between the two bolt holes and caues the rotor to rub on the pads in one spot

To fix this i found two washers that were slightly bigger than the recessed hole, i ground them down slightly so they fitted in to the recessed hole but they are thick enough that when you attach the magnet with the two washers behind it the magnet tightens down evenly without putting pressure on the section of the rotor between the two bolt holes and that stops the rotor bending slightly and rubbing on the pads

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles