Holy s%*t these things are... better the right way up.

slippery pete

Oct 29, 2019
Scotland
Weekend riding at Comrie Croft and I ended up snagging a couple of rocks. These are my first offs since moving over to eMTBing. Initial impression is that more things break because there's more weight landing on whichever unlucky component bears the brunt.

Luckily, I've spent enough time falling off mountain bikes so I managed to eject in relative safety. Bike didn't fare so well.

- 2 dinged up spokes in rear wheel (DT H1700) - rim should true up
- bent rotor - should true up
- bent pedal spindle
- bent dropper post lever
- (I should probably be replacing my helmet too but that was just the dang tree that got in the way)

Is this another way ebikes are more costly than analogues?

Last edited:

CjP

PRIME TIME
Subscriber
Jan 1, 2019
Everywhere
I hate to tell you this, but there seems to be an age somewhere around the your mid-50's when you stop bouncing on impact and just go SPLAT! The pain is immediate. It hurts more every year... Now I hurt even before I hit the ground :cry:
It’s helps to go faster before you fall as the momentum helps you bounce better.

slippery pete

Oct 29, 2019
Scotland
... there seems to be an age somewhere around the your mid-50's when you stop bouncing on impact and just go SPLAT! The pain is immediate. It hurts more every year...

If it doesn't hurt until the next day there's no Pavlovian conditioning and I'm doomed to crash again. Looking forward to my mid-fifties (not far to go now) so I can finally stop crashing :confused:?!

aarfeldt

E*POWAH Master
Subscriber
May 25, 2019
Denmark, Danstrup
- (I should probably be replacing my helmet too but that was just the dang tree that got in the way)

In our country, our insurance will pay for the broken helmet.
Just a hint...you might be covered in some way :)

I had a motorcycle incident some years ago (on track), and my insurance company payed new boots, new leather suit, new helmet.
It was a friend of mine, that told me I was propably covered...and I was.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles