Hi from the Canadian Rockies...

Wilster

Feb 9, 2020
Canada
Originally from the UK but now very lucky to live in the Canadian Rocky mountains. About to make the jump from an old Stumpjumper to an eMTB and looking at the Turbo Levo Carbon Comp or Turbo Levo Comp. I'm also looking for an eMTB for my girl and due to local dealer and from what I've read online, we are looking at the 2019 Liv Intrigue E +1. I can find lots of info on the Turbo Levo, but would really like to her from some lady riders that have experience with the Liv bikes from Giant.

MinusPrevious

Sep 5, 2019
So.Cal
Hello & welcome

Cant offer too much as i ride the Giant Trance 2. The Yamaha motor is certainly not the lightest or most powerful but so far its been robust. The Trance has the SyncDrive Pro motor. Dont think the LIV has that?
The Giant bikes are on the heavy side, but once you get used to it, it rides just perfect. Make sure you read up on the LEVO before you make a decision!

Cheers, Joe

Rockingsilver

Feb 22, 2020
ILUKA, NSW, Australia
I am new to emtbing, I must admit I only test rode 2 bikes the Liv intrigue e+ pro and a Trek, I just felt good on the Liv intrigue and liked seat dropper and larger tyres that came standard on the bike. I read a few reviews as well. I bought the 2019 Liv Intigue e+ pro and have loved every minute on it. I am 5’4” and chose the small size as I wanted the quicker handling, it is still a long bike though. I would have considered the Levo but for the cost difference.

7F8B99D1-4F8E-4964-9827-6E508A7917B2.jpeg

Martinintirol

Feb 27, 2020
Zillertal, Tirol, Austria
IMO going to a dealer with a proposition to buy 2 bikes should hold a lot of weight.... Specialized appears to be on the money as an all round package (mine arriving in two weeks or so). I tried a Giant last year, albeit a HT. I did't like the fit, the weight, the colour, the battery life, ride quality and the motor response. Not sure if you are in the mountains but my dealer upgraded for a very reasonable price the brakes to Magura as they do not recommend the SRAM's in mountain ranges. Fine if you are thinking of riding low lying forest areas.. Best of luck!

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles