Hi from Sydney

gibbo66

Sep 1, 2023
Sydney Australia
Have been lurking for a while. Currently riding a 2018 Merida e160 900 which has been well farkled ( mullet, better wheelset, Di2 ). Coming from a dirtbike ( and roadbike and road cycling) background, I immediately found eMTBs to be about as much fun as dirt bikes and way less work/injuries/annoying to the locals etc etc. I'm still trying to convince my (ex) moto friends to join me.
Typically ride weekly out near Barden Ridge and love the bike for technical climbs ( like I did on my enduro bikes).
Currently looking to get a new one- looking at a Jam2 7.9 ( very good deals atm) or something similar- or even a Turbo Levo SL.
Great forum and look forward to contributing in some small way.
Jonathan

HORSPWR

E*POWAH Master
May 23, 2019
Alice Springs, Australia
Welcome Jono,
I have the same bike (Merida e160 900e) but mine came with Di2 and I did the mullet thing too, a much better ride. I was in Alice Springs NT where the riding is sensational but I'm now further North and the MTBing is pretty lame, I clock up more time on paths and roads now than MTB tracks. I miss good riding tracks.

Bones

E*POWAH Elite
Subscriber
Apr 3, 2020
Harrogate
Hi. I've been to Sydney about 10 years ago. Stayed at darling harbour if I remember rightly. In a building that looks like an old prison 😀. My drinking mates grandad built your bridge. Mr doorman from doorman and long.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles