Hi from Switzerland

Flatliner

Aug 27, 2021
Switzerland
Hi all,

I've been following this forum the last few months while figuring out what eMTB to buy. I finally picked up my weapon of choice yesterday, so I guess it's time to introduce myself.

In the late 90s/early 00s, around 10-12 years old, I was very much into mountain biking. My pride and joy was a Univega hardtail. The mountain biking I did would probably be considered cross-country cycling by today's standard, but it was a lot of fun in any case. I even participated in a few races that I finished somewhere in the middle. I'll post a photo when I find it. 😄
I stopped riding MTB as a sport eventually, partly because there was minimal societal acceptance of mountain biking in Switzerland back then (let alone any proper trails), and well, I became a teenager and interests shifted.
I still have the Univega and take it for a spin occasionally, but it doesn't inspire confidence enough to do anything wilder than gravel roads. It's still on the original cassette, brakes and everything. 🤨

IMG_4553.jpg

As an adult, I started riding motorcycles of all kinds, for a while I was riding Enduro and MX bikes (booo!) to scratch that certain itch.

DSC02585.jpg

For the last few years, I haven't owned anything off-road-worthy and wanted to get back into mountain biking. Well, after renting an eMTB for a day and trying out different models this summer, I knew I needed one. I pulled the trigger and got myself a shiny, brand-spanking new 2021 Mondraker Crafty R in size XL.
The quick test ride already proved successful - this will be a lot of fun!

IMG_5193.jpg

If you're still reading this: hello from Switzerland. See you on the trail.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles