Hi From Sussex...

EvoKenevo

Jul 6, 2018
Eastbourne
Good morning all,
Ok, so a few mates have bikes, not EMTB's though, they have been saying I should get something and then get out with them to local trails etc but felt reluctant as I am not the fittest of people and even though I have wanted to get out for a go it was more about getting time to do it..... But...... Now I have a bike on order ( don't tell the wife )!
Looking forward to collecting it next week and getting stuck in....... I have no gear, no idea and zero Mtb experience but plenty of enthusiasm :)
Happy to be here :)

smokey_jo

Patreon
Jun 28, 2018
Uk
Howdy, You're going to need Helmet, Gloves some way of carrying water and a minimum of a multitool, tyre levers, spare inner tube and a pump for your first ride.
Plenty of place to get skills training nowadays and even those of us who have been riding for years get benefit from them.
Oh and enjoy!

EddieJ

Founding Member
May 1, 2018
Just a few miles away from you in Crowborough.

More than happy to show you a few local routes when you get the bike. ☺

Lazy Biker 84

Jun 15, 2018
Shropshire
You've definitely come to the right place for a heads up on what to get.. What bike are you getting?
Where your mates ride? Depending on what they get up to will govern what you need to be buying kit wise. When I got in MTB's my mates were ripping around trails and downhill, so for me a full face helmet was a must. after that it all depends on how are you want to ride it. Gloves, knee and elbow pads etc.
Maintenance is quite a big thing with e bikes, theyre not cheap, so naturally the parts aren't, so if you look after your e bike, your e bike "should" look after your wallet! :)(y)

EvoKenevo

Jul 6, 2018
Eastbourne
Morning guys,

I have ordered 2019 Kenevo expert...should be getting it Thursday.....
Really looking forward to getting out on it and learning the basics.
From talking to someone yesterday they informed me that I should prepare myself for a barrage of abuse from non Emtb riders who think its cheating and that money buys lack of fitness.... personally I think those kind of people are small minded idiots but will wait until I get the comments first hand before I retaliate.....
I will get some gear this week including full face helmet ( I value my teeth ) and pads etc.

What is good maintenance gear to get?

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles