Hi from Oregon (Willamette Valley)

tipsword

Jun 5, 2024
Oregon
Hey there,

I'm an older rider (62), I've been on an MTB since 1987 and now looking at going EMTB for my next bike.

I'm excited at the new lightweight bike offerings and hope to get educated on the in/outs of eMTB so I can make an informed choice & enjoy my favorite places (Alsea Falls, Black Rock, Mac Forest) even more.

Cheers,
Brian

Mabman

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Feb 28, 2018
Oregon USA
As a fellow ORtucky resident, and older as well, out on the coast I would suggest that if you want a lightweight eBike you just ride the one you have that is without a motor and battery. Just embrace the fact that eBikes have them and are going to weigh more and go for one that has some oomph. Sticking with a Class 1 model is a good idea probably unless you have outlaw tendencies like I do.

I would suggest checking out the Yamaha Moro 07 deal going on at the moment? A full fledged Emtb for a great price that while not the latest and greatest tech wise is a good platform to get started with.

Last edited:

ScottWest

Oct 17, 2019
Oregon
Welcome Brian! Like Mabman, I would not recommend a lightweight unless you only ride alone or with other lightweights.. At Alsea or Black Rock, you will be dropped quickly riding with a group of full fatties... Just my .02

RustyIron

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Subscriber
Jun 5, 2021
La Habra, California
I'm an older rider (62),

Hey, Brian.
I know that old geezers tend to dismiss the thoughts of young pups like me (I'm only 61) -- but forget about that "Lightweight eMTB" nonsense.

Many of us started off thinking that manly men ride acoustic bikes, but conceded that it might be ok to ride an eMTB if it was one that was light and underpowered. I used to think the same thing about hardtails and full suspension bikes. But once you've ridden a full-powered eMTB with a reasonably sized battery, you'll see the light. Trust me on this.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles