Hi from Hilly Suffolk:

Shandy

Sep 15, 2019
Suffolk
Cheers, been subscribed to channel about a 6 months, You know your way around the Forrest i guess then? i ride with mate around their about once a fortnight. came across a couple of lads biking UP the beast last Friday,that was way to close for comfort going full tilt. Should be going to the the new park at Ipswich (twisted oak) Sunday...

E*POWAH Elite
Aug 14, 2019
Norfolk
Up the beast? Bonkers..! :oops: N.F.N..:D

I tend to steer clear of High Lodge in the summer, due to too many 'overprotectives' wafting in from Centre Parcs... However there are some reasonable runs around there (if you like flat rock gardens).. across the road is the Country Park, so if fire roads are your thing, then they tend to be much quieter for sure. If you don't wish to pay for parking, do what plenty of the others do, and park up in FR6 or 10.. I tend to ride the Santon side of the forest, as it's closer. Unfortunately lots of trails that side, have become too overgrown to ride these days, or they've been fenced off by the FC, to stop the deer eating everything..

Shout me up when you are next over this way, and I'll try and tag along.. that's if my night shifts and w/e workings allow me too (y)

Shandy

Sep 15, 2019
Suffolk
First time going this coming weekend. 22nd is a open day. spoke to a couple of lads from Norwich they say it's a bit like a smaller chick sands but will grow bigger. check it out on you tube. likely to be busy as new .

Shandy

Sep 15, 2019
Suffolk
Up the beast? Bonkers..! :oops: N.F.N..:D

I tend to steer clear of High Lodge in the summer, due to too many 'overprotectives' wafting in from Centre Parcs... However there are some reasonable runs around there (if you like flat rock gardens).. across the road is the Country Park, so if fire roads are your thing, then they tend to be much quieter for sure. If you don't wish to pay for parking, do what plenty of the others do, and park up in FR6 or 10.. I tend to ride the Santon side of the forest, as it's closer. Unfortunately lots of trails that side, have become too overgrown to ride these days, or they've been fenced off by the FC, to stop the deer eating everything..

Shout me up when you are next over this way, and I'll try and tag along.. that's if my night shifts and w/e workings allow me too (y)

Yep, my mate lives local so it's a case of park at his and ride in. He knows to well about the fences he rode through gap in fence thats been open for years at full Turbo to find the FC had put a signal strand of wire across

E*POWAH Elite
Aug 14, 2019
Norfolk
Yep, my mate lives local so it's a case of park at his and ride in. He knows to well about the fences he rode through gap in fence thats been open for years at full Turbo to find the FC had put a signal strand of wire across

Crikey, I bet that slowed him up a tad!

Lots of pit bikes out Santon side, despite them having a designated area next to the power station. Seen a few groups of green laners out here, although not recently.. Maybe the fences have put a stop to them too, well until the Diss MCC enduro, rolls back into town. Once upon a time the FC used to maintain their tracks, to the benefit of us cycling types, however this seems to have stopped, since the popularity of pits has risen, and reduced 'our' trails..

Have fun, twisting your oaks (y)

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles