Hi from Camberley

robt

May 15, 2020
camberley
Hi All, just retired my Norco Fluid LX as I am surrounded by hills, easy going down not so easy going up as the years pile on. Replaced with a Giant Stance E+ Pro 29, a few teething problems with the power surging at about 10mph (so well below legal limit) and smart mode not working, dealer contacting Giant on Monday but last ride this afternoon and it started working OK. Will give it a bit more testing Sunday.
The heath where I ride has metal kissing gates which are bit of a chore to get a bike through but I used to lift the front wheel on the Norco and all was well. The Giant is longer with 29" rims so doesn't fit, when I tried to lift the front to wiggle it round I realised just how heavy the damn thing is!! Have to find a different route.

Darren

Sep 25, 2019
Warwick
Welcome to the forum.

Out with the missus today so 3 gates becomes 6 gates to lift 25kg over, I was knackered by the end and all her laughing made them seem even heavier.

robt

May 15, 2020
camberley
Welcome to the forum.

Out with the missus today so 3 gates becomes 6 gates to lift 25kg over, I was knackered by the end and all her laughing made them seem even heavier.
Thanks Darren,
It was my wife (not a great cyclist) buying herself an e bike and flying up a steep hill, leaving me in the dust that prompted me to upgrade, she laughed as well.

Darren

Sep 25, 2019
Warwick
eq0nZoFJ8TOREfkAWijkFTUc1aqjbO4eFiZaay4cy_8.jpg

RifleGreen

May 10, 2020
United Kingdom
Hi All, just retired my Norco Fluid LX as I am surrounded by hills, easy going down not so easy going up as the years pile on. Replaced with a Giant Stance E+ Pro 29, a few teething problems with the power surging at about 10mph (so well below legal limit) and smart mode not working, dealer contacting Giant on Monday but last ride this afternoon and it started working OK. Will give it a bit more testing Sunday.
The heath where I ride has metal kissing gates which are bit of a chore to get a bike through but I used to lift the front wheel on the Norco and all was well. The Giant is longer with 29" rims so doesn't fit, when I tried to lift the front to wiggle it round I realised just how heavy the damn thing is!! Have to find a different route.
Being from Camberley you must have taken the Norco to Swinley. When the Lockdown eases give it a blast on the Giant its a whole different experience. If you've never been get yourself there!

robt

May 15, 2020
camberley
Hi Riflegreen, I live about 1/4 mile from Maultway North so have been walking / cycling Barrossa & Swinley for the past 20+ years. Looking forward to getting back on the Red trail, some of those uphills were becoming just too much for the old legs!! Also be good when lockdown ends and people are back to work, it's quite crowded at the moment and cyclists are viewed with annoyance by many.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles