Hey, Newbie here. Go easy :-)

storrm

Aug 6, 2024
Nottingham
Hi all,

Been running an Orbea Lauffey hardtail for a couple of years and have just bought a 2024 Trek Rail 9.8 XT Gen 4. Looking forward to enjoying more fun out on the trails as I wont be getting so knackered on the up-hill stretches any longer ;-) If anyone has any tips for a first time eMTB owner, please drop me a line. Looking for seat and mudguard recommendations of anyone has a preference (neater the better please!)

Thanks
Matt

Mik3F

Sep 23, 2023
Middleton
Welcome to the forum

Saddles are all about personal preference

Mudguards - You cant go wrong with SicoMTB or Mudhugger in my opinion

Stihldog

Handheld Power Tool
Subscriber
Jun 10, 2020
Coquitlam, BC
Welcome to the forums.
Cheers

Regarding saddles; your LBS may be able to help you out here with measurement and fit. They may have a few different methods and styles. (Type of riding, gender, time in the saddle, sit bones, whale-tail, flat, short, long, channeled etc). It starts to get personal.

I found a difference between road and mountain bike saddles. Two MTB saddles that come to mind are SQ-Labs and Ergon. I personally don’t need, or use, padded shorts or butt-butter. I’m not in the saddle long enough or I need to shift around often during a trail run therefore I don’t develop pressure sores or chafing.

Be prepared to collect a few different types, or exchange saddles with neighbor’s and friends until you find one that you like …or one that doesn’t hurt.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles