Hey. Newbie about to drop some savings on a Specialized Levo comp.

Feb 12, 2023
Victoria, Australia
I’m sure everyone asks this question and everyone has different opinions.
I’m short and heavy and just want a e mtb with a strong battery so that I can do as many runs as I can in a short amount of time… and a mullet.
What’s people thoughts? And do I trust the bros battery?

Reactions: Dax

beanzz

Feb 7, 2023
United Kingdom
I am still waiting to buy my ebike but have pestered the good people here and done a bunch of research and have ended up deciding on the vitus esommet 297 vrx, it's 5k rn (not in stock but shouldn't be too long) and is probably the best bike for your money except from post sales support. (Mullet)

Another mullet I know is good is the yt decoy mx

beanzz

Feb 7, 2023
United Kingdom
I’m sure everyone asks this question and everyone has different opinions.
I’m short and heavy and just want a e mtb with a strong battery so that I can do as many runs as I can in a short amount of time… and a mullet.
What’s people thoughts? And do I trust the bros battery
From the various reviews I've trawled through it seems like the general consensus about the levo comp is that it's price and spec really let's it down, not to say it isn't a fantastic bike but even at the discounted price of 5.5k the suspension just looks woefully overpriced.

(Not a massively fair comparison but) in comparison the vitus gets a rockshox ultimate+(I think) and the equal shock, and sure the frame isn't nearly so dialed and it's a heavier bike and post purchase support is worse but for 500 less and significantly better components I am going to go for it every time.

And then if you want to go for something in-between those two I would go for the yt decoy mx, Which is worse specced then the vitus but better than the specialized and depending on where you are the service with yt would be good.

Anyways that is my completely unprofessional opinion that is entirely based off other people's opinions

Feb 12, 2023
Victoria, Australia
From the various reviews I've trawled through it seems like the general consensus about the levo comp is that it's price and spec really let's it down, not to say it isn't a fantastic bike but even at the discounted price of 5.5k the suspension just looks woefully overpriced.

(Not a massively fair comparison but) in comparison the vitus gets a rockshox ultimate+(I think) and the equal shock, and sure the frame isn't nearly so dialed and it's a heavier bike and post purchase support is worse but for 500 less and significantly better components I am going to go for it every time.

And then if you want to go for something in-between those two I would go for the yt decoy mx, Which is worse specced then the vitus but better than the specialized and depending on where you are the service with yt would be good.

Anyways that is my completely unprofessional opinion that is entirely based off other people's opinions
Thanks for this reply. I do like the Yt do it MX too. I’ll do more research. I’m going to test ride the Specialized Levo comp today. I’ll keep you posted.

Feb 12, 2023
Victoria, Australia
Thanks for your reply.
I’m heading out yo test ride the Levo comp today. I currently ride a S2 2020 enduro expert. (Also have just ordered the link to convert it to a mullet)
I’m too short for the 29er.

RichT

For a bike this complex and expensive, I’d also factor in after the sale support, warranty, number of locations that can service/repair under warranty, and the reputation of the company - how many bikes they sell vs frame cracks and motor failures, etc. Especially considering the way hard-core riders use their bikes. You can always swap components for higher end stuff, but you're stuck with the frame and motor.

Feb 12, 2023
Victoria, Australia
The Marin alpine trail e2 is an excellent option! Can't beat the spec, and it's MX. Really fun bike.
To be honest- the Marin was at the top of my list for months and was about to press purchase. But then seen the Specialized was on sale.
As well as I currently ride Specialized enduro expert.

Do you think I’m better off getting a full power bike to just get in as many laps as I can?
And the Marin and Specialized Levo comp alloy pretty much weigh the same too.

Last edited:

Rob57

Sep 12, 2022
Bellingham,WA
To be honest- the Marin was at the top of my list for months and was about to press purchase. But then seen the Specialized was on sale.
As well as I currently ride Specialized enduro expert.

Do you think I’m better off getting a full power bike to just get in as many laps as I can?
And the Marin and Specialized Levo comp alloy pretty much weigh the same too.
Never rode a "light" e-mtb, so I can't really say what is better. You still get a work out, just depends on how much of one you want. The Marin and Levo comp both have good spec's, just depends on which motor you like. I've had no problems with mine so far. Either bike will make you feel like a 5 year old again!

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles