Help...steps e8 with e5000 display

MOTO13

Sep 16, 2020
Elkhorn, Wi
Can the Bluetooth be connected to the shimano e8 motor with the ec5000 display? I have a new Husqvarna hc7 and can't get it to connect. Can I adjust anything with this head unit or do I need the upgraded display on order to be connected and make motor adjustments?

blueglide

Jan 2, 2021
Tucson, AZ USA
It doesn't look like the e5000 has Bluetooth or wireless capability according to Shimano. I have the ec7000 computer on my bike and it does have wireless capability. You could also use the ew-en100 junction for Bluetooth.

MOTO13

Sep 16, 2020
Elkhorn, Wi
It doesn't look like the e5000 has Bluetooth or wireless capability according to Shimano. I have the ec7000 computer on my bike and it does have wireless capability. You could also use the ew-en100 junction for Bluetooth.
Thanks for the quick reply. After messing around with it...I pretty much assumed so. Is replacing the 5000 display for the 8000 a big job? I'd like to use BT.

blueglide

Jan 2, 2021
Tucson, AZ USA
Thanks for the quick reply. After messing around with it...I pretty much assumed so. Is replacing the 5000 display for the 8000 a big job? I'd like to use BT.
Changing out the cycle computer display isnt a big job necessarily. Depends alot on how accessible your wiring is and locations of any junctions. One issue that will come up is Shimano has used about 3 different cable sizes in their systems so you may need adaptors to go from your current setup to whichever display you are switching to.

MOTO13

Sep 16, 2020
Elkhorn, Wi
Thanks Blue. I'll look into that. I have a Trek Rail 9.7 with the Bosch motor. I rode the husky today back to back with the TREK. The TREK on emtb DEFINITELY has more punch than the E8...even when the E8 is on full assist. Both are great motors, but the E8 definitely needs that custom tune to stay with the Bosch on the low end...meaning slower pedal cadence. Btw...my TREK is 100% stock. The HC7 suspension is WAAAAAYYYY better though.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles