Levo Gen 2 Help me choose

J200George

Jun 14, 2020
Glasgow United Kingdom
Between two Turbo Levo Comps. One a 2019 model year, mint condition it only has 500km on it, ten battery cycles or a slightly less mint 2020 Levo comp which looks a little more beat up (been used) with a still very low mileage 1500km on it. The 2020 model has had the 700w battery swapped out for a 500. If either had been derestricted and blasted it’s the second bike. The 2020 is also about £500 cheaper than the 2019.

Both come with original owners receipts.

I’m concerned somehow that the 2020 has been more abused or more likely that it’s been derestricted at some point.

Both are on their original motors but I am less confident that the 2020 would be covered under warranty (if indeed it’s been derestricted).

The current owner I believe snaffled the 700 battery for his other bike.

so shiny and 100% legit 2019 or potentially a little more abused and “dodgy” 2020.

shame he swapped out the battery as obvious there’d be no warranty on the 2020 battery if it’s came from an earlier and different bike.

Thoughts?

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
The 2019 sounds the more honest bike. It would also have a 4 year warranty on the motor as they extended those by two years (assuming you have the original purchase receipt).

There were a few upgrades made to the 2019 bike, some threads here somewhere. So if you do buy that one, it would be worth taking it to a Spesh dealer and making sure it's had the warranty upgrades installed.

J200George

Jun 14, 2020
Glasgow United Kingdom
The 2019 sounds the more honest bike. It would also have a 4 year warranty on the motor as they extended those by two years (assuming you have the original purchase receipt).

There were a few upgrades made to the 2019 bike, some threads here somewhere. So if you do buy that one, it would be worth taking it to a Spesh dealer and making sure it's had the warranty upgrades installed.
Excellent thank you. I must admit I’m drawn to the cleaner bike, the seller was a bit more forthcoming in answer to questions. There is a £500 difference mind you and it is a 19 not a my20 bike. Failing that as an outside bet there’s a Merida e140 with updated suspension to make it a e160 nearby, seems a little less stressful around the motor and potential pitfalls.

I might explore the idea of taking the bike to a spesh dealer, how the seller reacts may end up being key.

Mikerb

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
May 16, 2019
Weymouth
You already know the answer!!
The only weakness of the 2019 bike is the fork which ideally either needs upgrading or at least modified with the 2021 Air spring...cheap job.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles