Help. Issues with XFusion MIG2932 fork

JGH

Jul 2, 2024
Earth
Hi,

I have XFusion MIG 2932 fork on my ebike (Cube Nuride hybrid). It does not rebound smoothly. Service more or less said it is ok, but after me disagreeing they suggested that servicing of the fork might be needed. Don't know what to expect from servicing and I'm afraid after servicing it won't be much better.
Also servicing takes few weeks and imo is too expensive (I was said it can reach 200 eur). As most often I maintain my bikes myself (I have never maintained suspension fork), can anyone please help me understanding the issue and what needs to be done. Thanks a lot in advance.

Video
P.S. I see some new forks in ~200-300 eur range.

So alternatively, can someone please recommend an upgrade for this fork? I have no clues at all what to look at front suspension forks.

Update: Requirements:
  • Wheel Size : 29 inch
  • Boost 15-110 Dropout
  • Offset : 51mm
  • Rotor Size: 180mm
  • 32mm Stanchion
  • Current travel 100mm - maybe same to keep same geometry or max 120mm
  • PM6 or PM7. Looks like my XFusion uses PM6 as adapter is installed currently.
  • EDIT: Longer travel might not be an issue, as looks like installation height is more important. Old one measured 520mm
Update: Potential candidate:
* RockShox Judy Silver TK Solo Air Boost PopLoc Remote 29" - 250 Eur
* RockShox Recon Gold RL 29" DebonAir 120 Tapered Boost - 200 Eur
* RockShox 35 Gold RL 29" DebonAir 130 Tapered Boost - 280 Eur
* RockShox Judy Silver TK 29" Solo Air 130 Tapered Boost - 120 * Marzocchi Bomber Z2 29" E-Optimized 130 Rail Sweep-Adj Tapered Boost 912-01-148 for 300 Eur
*Marzocchi Bomber Z2 29" Boost Suspension Fork 912-01-062 for 380 Eur

Last edited:

Frankenbetty

Jun 6, 2020
Llandegla
On a budget I’d recommend some Marzocchi z2’s. Can be found for a decent price if you look around and work well.
Merlin cycles have some good deals on Fox 32 forks at the moment and some RockShox forks as well

Last edited:

JGH

Jul 2, 2024
Earth
On a budget I’d recommend some Marzocchi z2’s. Can be found for a decent price if you look around and work well.
Thanks. You meant Marzocchi Bomber Z2, right? Found ones 130mm travel, 45mm offset for 385Eur in Germany: Marzocchi Bomber Z2 29" Boost Federgabel

I wonder if geometry will change significantly from current 100mm 51mm offset..

Also bike is 2 year old hybrid bike for original price ~3000eur (similar new similar bike price). Would it make sense to go with a new fork in 400eur range? I can afford it, just don't know if it won't be overkill on one component.

Last edited:

2WheelsNot4

E*POWAH Master
Oct 17, 2021
Scotland
Mig32 aka the worlds worst fork. Fit really only for the bin. They're a bit like when you look to spend £3k on an ebike, and find they come fitted with suntour xcm's

As above. A set of Z2's are a good budget option, as are rhythm 36's

Last edited:
Reactions: JGH

Frankenbetty

Jun 6, 2020
Llandegla
E optimised is just a different damping tune. When I upgraded my e MTB hardtail I asked Marzocchi and they said the non e forks where fine to use on an e bike.
But 130mm travel might be a bit much on a hybrid bike. More MTB territory at that length. Marzocchi are owned by Fox and are Fox’s “budget” brand but share a lot of tech.

Id get these for a hybrid. Fox are great forks and these are an absolute bargain in my opinion

or these on a budget which are loads better than the ones you have and are e-bike certified

Last edited:

JGH

Jul 2, 2024
Earth
E optimised is just a different damping tune. When I upgraded my e MTB hardtail I asked Marzocchi and they said the non e forks where fine to use on an e bike.
But 130mm travel might be a bit much on a hybrid bike.
What would "a bit too much" of 130mm travel mean on hybrid?
As I have read travel is just one parameter, where more important is installation height to have similar geometry. And as I get I might not need to use full travel, or might even use some more sag.

The XFusion MIG29 measured installation height is 520mm (from bottom bearing till centre of the axle - I wasn't able to find official parameter). Some of the shox with 100mm travel even look to be of 510mm installation height. Some 130mm travel I found to be 540mm installation height.

Regardin merlincycles - I'll check them on another connection later as currently for most they redirect to not found page for me (looks to be non deliverable to majority of EU countries).

Last edited:

Frankenbetty

Jun 6, 2020
Llandegla
The axle to crown measurements can vary on different makes of forks. But I’ve seen longer travel forks fitted to bikes made for shorter travel forks and it can give a “choppered out” look to the bike and can make the steering feel floppy and slow.
Merlin are uk based so depending on where you are a pasted link might not work. But they do say free worldwide shipping is available on most items
if you’re in the eu try bikeinn or bike24 for deals

Last edited:

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles