Hello - Newbie collecting Whyte E180 RS tomorrow

andy.blue.mini

Jun 8, 2020
Midlands
Afternoon all,

New to EMTB, after riding loads back in my 20's (now 36) I fancy getting back into riding.

My old trusty Kona hardtail is going to be parked up and I am collecting a brand new Whyte E180 RS from Back On Track Bikes in Malvern tomorrow.

In the true spirit of man maths I thought should just got all out on the E180 RS having never sat on one, haha

First ride I am hoping will be around Cannock Chase on Wednesday if i can keep my day free.

First question - Flats or SPD (SPD used to be my choice years ago but not sure with an EMTB).

Cheers

Shane(NZ)

Sep 4, 2019
NewZealand
These should sort you out, plenty of grip till there's not ??
Great choice on bike, sender machine ⛰ ?‍♂️

Screenshot_20200609-141440_Samsung Internet.jpg

R120

Subscriber
Apr 13, 2018
Surrey
Get some relatively cheap but decent plastic flat pedals, and try them first, then if you want you can always change out - there is no right or wrong, just preference.

Some good options would be either the HT PA03

Or the new Deity Deftraps

Whilst being "plastic" dont think these pedals are anyway compromised, they are some of the best flat pedals out there, just much better value.

andy.blue.mini

Jun 8, 2020
Midlands
Thanks for the input guys, I have gone with a set of Shimano PD-GR500 to start with while I get used to the machine.

I will maybe look to try some SPD once I am a little more confident on it.

Picked up this afternoon and going to try and head to FOD tomorrow moring for a blast.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles