Hello from the North East of England

jamesc

Jun 4, 2019
England
Hi Everyone!

I've got my YT Decoy on order (although got a demo of a Levo next week too!), being in the north east of England, I've got Dalby, Hamsterley and Chopwell Forest all within an hour of my door, with the Lakes and the whole Tweed Valley easily day-trippable which I find fine on my none e-bike.

I'm getting an e-bike to make my local trails more enjoyable. To get to the top of the trails is around a 200 metre fire road climb over 2.3km with some pretty steep parts so hopefully with the Decoy I'll be able to do more laps, or go further once out on the moors. I'm hoping the Decoy will be the right choice, as I look at value and I wonder if something like a Levo may struggle with how steep some of the trails are here (or more, that they'll be more enjoyable on the decoy).

Being overtaken by ebikes when riding locally, also helps me justify the purchase!

mbee123

Jun 5, 2019
Hartlepool
Hi James, I'm also in the North East, and had a Decoy on order but recently cancelled as I got a good buy on a Rocky Mountain Altitude and didn't really want to pay north of £4k.

Love the Decoy's though, heading to Hammsterley or Guisborough at weekend, and got a long weekend at AE Forest scheduled for the weekend after.

Think they will be a game changer for Hammsterley, more downhill fun per hour!!

mbee123

Jun 5, 2019
Hartlepool
Yes love Guisborough, although not really sure where I'm going, could do with a guide ;)

Normally go with my mate who has a Merida, I've been lagging behind him with my normal bike till now..

jamesc

Jun 4, 2019
England
I'm not fast and I'm not particularly knowledgeable of where I'm going - Nomad is about the best of my ability but I know where most of the trails are, you're welcome to come out with me when you're in the area but I'm off the bike for a couple of weeks from illness.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles