Hello from Sussex UK, 2 weeks and 120 miles on my 2020 Giant Trance e+ 2 Pro.....

MartinC

Jul 14, 2020
Sussex UK
Hi Martin,
The flint on the SDW takes no prisoners and if that doesn't get you the brambles will!
Yes, it was a bramble thorn, big and sharp, probably would have had me blubbing for my mum if it had got me rather than the bike tyre!

Britserker

Nov 25, 2020
Calgary, AB
How were your first few months with the bike Martin? I am from Sussex, now living in Calgary, Canada, and am picking up my Trance E +2 today, can't wait to get out and see how it performs before winter takes hold.

MartinC

Jul 14, 2020
Sussex UK
How were your first few months with the bike Martin? I am from Sussex, now living in Calgary, Canada, and am picking up my Trance E +2 today, can't wait to get out and see how it performs before winter takes hold.
Hi Britseerker. It’s been great, love the bike, best money I have ever spent - have now done over 1k miles, both on mtb trails (Bedgebury, Friston) and on cycle ways in Sussex, plus the odd sections of connecting road. Luckily no further punctures although a few crashes at Bedgebury. Bike holding up well, seems very solid and only showing a few scratches. Only had one glitch with it so far, when I think I was a bit careless with cleaning and got some water somewhere I shouldnt have and it would shut itself down straight after start up. A bit of careful drying of the battery compartment / connectors and left for a few hours and it was ok again. So be a bit careful with cleaning.

The only slight negative i have found with the bike so far is that the Yamaha engine is a bit noisier, at low speeds especially, compared with some others such as the Brose, but the engine performance and how naturally it delivers progressive assistance is really great and appears to have more usable “range” than others I have tried. The Trance has a sturdy, planted feel on the trails, even when going fast downhill and on corners which I like as it helps with confidence as I am new to mtb as well as ebikes. Have noticed other emtbs I’ve tried like the Whyte E-150 have a lighter feel overall, particularly with the steering, which means they feel more nimble in the corners than the Giant, but also a bit more skippy, which is not for me right now. Overall, I am amazed how this bike delivers on trail, paths and road, it really can take you anywhere. Battery charging time is fairly good and depending how and where I’ve ridden can give me 40+ miles on mtb trails or 100+ on mixed path / road routes. It a fab machine, you’ll love it I’m sure!

Britserker

Nov 25, 2020
Calgary, AB
So glad you are still enjoying it and thanks for the tips! I'll let you know how it goes over here on the icy roads and paths. Back in Eastbourne I would have been able to ride year round but with our deep freeze it will be a three season bike however I cannot wait to get it out into the mountains in the spring. Happy riding!

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles