Hello from Newbie @ Pasadena, CA

trusty317

Jul 13, 2023
Pasadena
Hi All,

Just purchases my first E-bike/MTB. Not much riding experience beside my childhood mongoose and a fixie road bike. Went up to Eaton Canyon over the weekend but it was packed with hikers. Any suggestions for ez ride with twist and turns to learn how to ride on trails?

RustyIron

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Subscriber
Jun 5, 2021
La Habra, California
Welcome, brother.
It's funny you mention Eaton Canyon and hikers. Last weekend I was on top Mt. Wilson, and two separate carloads of tourists rolled up and asked me if I knew where Eaton Canyon was. They were following their GPS. I told both groups that the only Eaton Canyon I knew was down in the flatlands, and they passed it about 45 minutes ago.

My familiarity of the trails in your area is limited to some super-gnarly stuff that you don't want to even attempt yet. Get Trailforks App and search around in the area of Millard Campground or Mt. Lowe Railroad. You might find some nice access trails. There will be elevation change, and right now it's f'in hot. Bring water. Even on the easy trails, the mountains are serious business.

trusty317

Jul 13, 2023
Pasadena
Welcome, brother.
It's funny you mention Eaton Canyon and hikers. Last weekend I was on top Mt. Wilson, and two separate carloads of tourists rolled up and asked me if I knew where Eaton Canyon was. They were following their GPS. I told both groups that the only Eaton Canyon I knew was down in the flatlands, and they passed it about 45 minutes ago.

My familiarity of the trails in your area is limited to some super-gnarly stuff that you don't want to even attempt yet. Get Trailforks App and search around in the area of Millard Campground or Mt. Lowe Railroad. You might find some nice access trails. There will be elevation change, and right now it's f'in hot. Bring water. Even on the easy trails, the mountains are serious business.
That is pretty funny too cause I am actually going camping at Millard Canyon Falls this weekend and Mt. Lowe is right before there. I'll scope out the trail for a future ride :D Thanks for the tip!

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles