Hello from Hull, UK.

mkelly82

Aug 26, 2018
Hull, UK
Hello from Hull, UK. New to MTB and E-MTB and forums so I apologise if I’m doing this wrong.

I have a question if anyone can help out. I am intending to remove both wheels and the battery on my Specialized Kenevo because I have limited space in my Corsa to transport the bike to the local trails. I will be mounting the frame on a rear cycle rack and keeping the wheels and battery in the car.

If anyone can tell me how I remove the rear wheel that would be great and any other tips I may need. I’ve read about protecting the disc brakes with spacers but not sure which ones to get.

Thanks in advance.

Eckythump

Founding Member
Jan 16, 2018
North Yorkshire
Sounds like you need to get together with missionmountainbiking as he lives not too far away and has a Kenevo.
There should be just a single bolt/axle on the rear either Allen head or an arm like the front wheel.
If you have a SRAM rear mech you can push the lower part of the mech forward and engage a little peg that’s on the mech to keep it there and the chain loose. Wheel should just lift out then.

You only need a spacer for the rear pads if you think you are likely to press the brake levers without the wheels on.

mkelly82

Aug 26, 2018
Hull, UK
Sounds like you need to get together with missionmountainbiking as he lives not too far away and has a Kenevo.
There should be just a single bolt/axle on the rear either Allen head or an arm like the front wheel.
If you have a SRAM rear mech you can push the lower part of the mech forward and engage a little peg that’s on the mech to keep it there and the chain loose. Wheel should just lift out then.

You only need a spacer for the rear pads if you think you are likely to press the brake levers without the wheels on.

Thank you so much for this reply. Most kind and most helpful. More than happy to head out with other cyclists if they are happy to drag a novice along for the ride.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles