Hello from Burlingame State Park in Rhode Island

Oppa

Mar 22, 2024
Rhode Island
Nice riding weather. Lots of fun trails in this locations with cool features to play on, some very challenging.

IMG_4428.jpeg

Oppa

Mar 22, 2024
Rhode Island
No prob with eMTB? Humm, might have to drop my wife off at the beach while I ride there some day. Never been. I'm up in MA.
No issues at all with emtb. Friendly space. Definitely try it out, trails for all skill levels. Out of the box there is a fairly long climb to get the heart racing after that pick your lane. So many great trails. Bring the bug spray 🤣🦟

StillKicking

Apr 19, 2022
Boston
Not sure if I posted this correctly. Trying again:

I drove by Burlingame a couple weeks ago while doing some SUP in Ninigret with my wife. As luck would have it, she's now talking about a beach or retirement home in Westerly. Seems like the best of both worlds - she can hang at the beach while I ride at Woody Hill or Burlingame. Thoughts? Ideas? We will probably drive around the area in a couple weeks to do some research.

Btw, any group rides at Wood Hill or Burlingame?

Oppa

Mar 22, 2024
Rhode Island
Not sure if I posted this correctly. Trying again:

I drove by Burlingame a couple weeks ago while doing some SUP in Ninigret with my wife. As luck would have it, she's now talking about a beach or retirement home in Westerly. Seems like the best of both worlds - she can hang at the beach while I ride at Woody Hill or Burlingame. Thoughts? Ideas? We will probably drive around the area in a couple weeks to do some research.

Btw, any group rides at Wood Hill or Burlingame?
I lived in westerly years ago nice closed knit community. However it’s changed a lot, big box stores a lot more crowded these days. As everywhere real estate has gone nuts. Try Charlestown, next town over a bit more remote but property taxes lowest in the state. Check the NEMBA site for group rides in the area, there are regular events at woodyhill. I am not on Facebook but there are always people posting for group rides is what I am told. Burlingame don’t see much on group rides. Can’t go wrong in either case. Another good spot is big river in West Greenwich, check that out as well but woodyhill is my favorite. Also check out the beach communities in Wakefield, Narragansett and North Kingston. All great spots.

StillKicking

Apr 19, 2022
Boston
Many thanks. Charlestown does look nicer. It's where we SUP. I'll look for a Woody Hill group ride as long as I don't get crap for being on an eMTB! I've been to Big River once when I first got my bike. I tried to do a big loop to see how far I could go on my battery. Never made it - the constant gun fire getting louder as I went in deeper and the people / pets wearing orange turned me around. I need to get to Diamond Hill too.

Oppa

Mar 22, 2024
Rhode Island
Many thanks. Charlestown does look nicer. It's where we SUP. I'll look for a Woody Hill group ride as long as I don't get crap for being on an eMTB! I've been to Big River once when I first got my bike. I tried to do a big loop to see how far I could go on my battery. Never made it - the constant gun fire getting louder as I went in deeper and the people / pets wearing orange turned me around. I need to get to Diamond Hill too.
I ride my Orbea rise at all those trails. If anything I get lots of positive feedback and question. If other wise I would pull the old guy card 🤪

StillKicking

Apr 19, 2022
Boston
That's good to know. Really the only crap I get is from friends that actually need an eMTB, but are in denial. Most of the guys I ride with haven't accepted the fact that we are old even though our post-ride conversations typically center around aches and pains, doctors, and Medicaid options. Go figure...

Oppa

Mar 22, 2024
Rhode Island
That's good to know. Really the only crap I get is from friends that actually need an eMTB, but are in denial. Most of the guys I ride with haven't accepted the fact that we are old even though our post-ride conversations typically center around aches and pains, doctors, and Medicaid options. Go figure...
🤣🤣🍻