Hello from Arizona

kombos

Dec 18, 2019
Arizona
Got back into MTBing about 3 years ago and having a great time. At 58 I find I still like to ride technical stuff, but would like the energy to ride it longer. I recently became curious about EMTBs and figured within the next couple of years I might be one on. Well, I had the chance to demo a Pivot Shuttle a few weeks ago and, as I suspected, it was as much fun as I was afraid it would be.

Fast forward....been doing a ton of reading (great info here, thanks) and now shopping for my first EMTB. Thinking I will probably get a Levo. Planning to rent one this coming week and decide from there.

Based in Phoenix, Arizona metro area and mostly ride desert singletrack.

Tim69

Feb 25, 2019
Israel
Got back into MTBing about 3 years ago and having a great time. At 58 I find I still like to ride technical stuff, but would like the energy to ride it longer. I recently became curious about EMTBs and figured within the next couple of years I might be one on. Well, I had the chance to demo a Pivot Shuttle a few weeks ago and, as I suspected, it was as much fun as I was afraid it would be.

Fast forward....been doing a ton of reading (great info here, thanks) and now shopping for my first EMTB. Thinking I will probably get a Levo. Planning to rent one this coming week and decide from there.

Welcome! To a fellow "Phoenixian" (I was born there, live overseas now..) And yes you will find a ton of info here! It's a great place to ask questions too!
You said you like technical riding!? So your style is more Enduro!? Than cross country?
If so.. the Levo is a verry capable bike, but you might find yourself upgrading many parts like the fork and shock to make it "more aggressive" so you might look at the Kenevo too... It pedals almost as well( but you have a motor! Who cares..) and is a "beast"! And will take anything, you throw at it... Like "the South mountain trail".. what's it called? "National" I believe..
Anyway, welcome! And whatever ebike you get enjoy! And send pics!?
Tim

kombos

Dec 18, 2019
Arizona
Thanks for the welcome. Just picked up a 2020 Comp today......
2020 Turbo Levo Comp 1.jpeg

Turbo Mike

Jun 29, 2021
Phoenix, Arizona

I Ride a Turbo Levo Comp (aluminum frame). Quite a gas (actually a shock :?) ) and super fun. Rent it and grin away!!

Turbo Mike

Jun 29, 2021
Phoenix, Arizona
Welcome! To a fellow "Phoenixian" (I was born there, live overseas now..) And yes you will find a ton of info here! It's a great place to ask questions too!
You said you like technical riding!? So your style is more Enduro!? Than cross country?
If so.. the Levo is a verry capable bike, but you might find yourself upgrading many parts like the fork and shock to make it "more aggressive" so you might look at the Kenevo too... It pedals almost as well( but you have a motor! Who cares..) and is a "beast"! And will take anything, you throw at it... Like "the South mountain trail".. what's it called? "National" I believe..
Anyway, welcome! And whatever ebike you get enjoy! And send pics!?
Tim
Yes National and classic trails. Back in the day (40 years ago) I rode my trials bike there before it was regulated. I have a Turbo Levo comp. So much fun. Puts the sweat on the brow and fun in the air!!

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles