Handlebar Jack

folmonty

Mar 11, 2021
NorCal
While trying to organize a repair kit to keep on the bike found this nifty gadget that would certainly help working on the wheels if you have a display or something else impeding from turning the bike upside down.
It's called the Handlebar Jack Ingenious idea. Anyone use one of these?

The Hodge

Mystic Meg
Subscriber
Sep 9, 2020
North West Northumberland
I carry a cheap rug in the car with me when travelling to the trails ( rubber bottomed ..and apparently doesnt stain..only used for the bike and no other activity ?) ..I then rotate the Purion forward and Bob's yer mothers brother ..it protects the display when the bike is upside down ..
Yep the site cant be reached ..

fenwick458

Oct 6, 2020
Cumbria
Handlebar Jack

it's a no from me, for one my bars have an upsweep so not necessary to clear the purion anyway, but even if they didn't I'm sure there's better methods of working on your bike it seems a bit naff for £30

folmonty

Mar 11, 2021
NorCal
Their web site shows two of these gadgets to hold the bike. So now you're looking at £60. I don't think I'd use one if it was given to me for free.
Ya get a pair for $30 shipped. Just food for thought. Never had an mtb with display so working through the process of field repairs. Just added couple of city ebikes as well so may pop for this as an option.

Gary

Old Tartan Bollocks
Author
Subscriber
Mar 29, 2018
the internet
I love that in the main video on the site they upturn the bike right next to a nice soft lawn that would have been perfectly fine to protect all the cheap accessories they've stuck all over the bars!

Don't think I've ever been anywhere should i want to flip my bike over where I couldn't find something to prop up one side of the bars to protect my levers. a display has no place next to levers on an Emtb in the first place

JoeBlow

Jul 7, 2019
South West, UK
a display has no place next to levers on an Emtb in the first place
I agree. The Purion display is the only thing I do not like on my Orbea Wild FS so I've currently got a Kiox on order.

To the OP: I acknowledge the problem but that seems like an over engineered, expensive option for a simple issue. I've been using polystyrene pipe lagging over the end of the handle bar where the Purion sits. You can also get silicon covers to protect it to some degree.

Al

Last edited:

folmonty

Mar 11, 2021
NorCal
Went ahead and grabbed one and it's built very well. Will fit into a Camelbak or small pack easily. Can also be used as a tripod for a phone if you desire. Wish the Purion wasn't so vulnerable but I've got three bikes with them now so this makes it easy to do flat repairs. Admit there's lots of ways to handle this.

JoeBlow

Jul 7, 2019
South West, UK
I may have to reconsider. The Kiox is fitted and it needs more ground clearance if the display is not removed and the controller is a weird shape which is also quite high on one corner.Why they couldn't make it like the Shimano I don't know. Low profile and unobtrusive. The polystyrene pipe lagging does not provide enough height and in any case tends to compress.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles