Haibike Alt MTB NDuro 8 & Thule X2 Towbar Bike rack.

Tyrrell

May 21, 2020
Dorset
Has anybody got any pictures of their bike on one please, can’t see how you would mount this bike to one as the clamps are to small and at the wrong angle for the fat down tube.

CavMan

Jun 9, 2020
Australia
Not quite the Haibike, but I had similar issues with my RM Instinct (size XL). You just have to be creative where you put the arm and jaw. I found this spot on the seat post tube just in front of the rear tyre perfect. As you can see I have slid the arm off of the horizontal part of the rack and down the vertical side arm to get the right height and position to fit the frame. The Haibike looks to have a similar spot to attach to.

When we mount our second bike (Focus Jam2) the arm comes through the Instinct under the top tube just forward of the shock and grips the Focus on the top tube with the Focus mounted on the rack facing the other way so the handle bars don't conflict.

I recommend the Thule rack, once you get used to how it goes on and off the tow bar it is very quick and solid even with two emtbs on it.

If you are concerned you could try taking your bike to the shop and ask to test the rack with your bike to make sure it will fit first.

To be honest I just assumed it would fit and purchased it, then went into panic mode trying to figure it out with the actual bike on it. The image was the first time I put the bike on it to take it home from the shop.

The second panic attack came when we tried to get both bikes on and work out where to connect the arm for the Focus without clashing with the RM Instinct. There is a lot of adjust-ability on the arms on the rack and where you can slide them, as well as taking into account that you can grab the bike on many different parts with the jaws right side up, upside down, sideways etc.
RM Rack-1.jpg

CavMan

Jun 9, 2020
Australia
Yeah all the clamps are the same between models as best I can tell, just the length varies depending if they belong on the 2 or 3 bikes rack.
Easyfold X2
555356_sized_1800x1200_rev_1.jpg

Velospace XT
601235_sized_1800x1200_rev_1.jpg

Pivot

E*POWAH Master
Jun 11, 2020
New Forest, England
If I may, what is the best single eMTB towbar carrier?

I have a Thule roof rack which works well for my analogue MTB (under 10kg)

I wouldn’t want to mount, drive and dismount +20kg eMTB from my roof rack

CavMan

Jun 9, 2020
Australia
Technically this will hold 30kgs and goes on your tow bar. Designed for two analogues, but will handle a single Emtb
Thule Xpress 2
560831_sized_1800x1200_rev_1.jpg

970000_main_sized_1800x1200_rev_1.jpg

BOTG

Oct 28, 2020
Edo
Has anybody got any pictures of their bike on one please, can’t see how you would mount this bike to one as the clamps are to small and at the wrong angle for the fat down tube.
Yes works perfectly.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles