Greetings !!

tk1971

Jul 28, 2024
SG, CA USA
I have a Specialized Turbo Levo SL Comp Carbon gen2 in size S2.

I’ve only had a handful of rides with the longest being about 22 miles, which was possible using the Range Extender battery.

My normal bike is a Lynskey Pro 29 single speed that weighs about 22 lbs with 2.6/2.4 tires that I still ride. The SL2 is currently used to help me train for longer rides.

I’ve performed the following mods on the bike based on the rides I’ve had so far:

1) ESI Extra Chunky grips (personal preference).
2) Carbon fiber 29 wheelset (~1460g), rear flip chip at the 29 setting. Stock Butcher T9 2.3 up front and bought an Eliminator T7 2.3 (same tire as the stock 27.5), both of which are actually as wide as 2.4 Maxxis I usually use on the rear of my Lynskey.
3) Shimano SLX BR-7120 4-pot brakes with 203mm XT SM-RT86 rotors. Note: Both the front and back brake calipers needed SM-MA-F203P/PM 180-203mm adapters. In addition, there’s a seller on Amazon listing SM-MA90-204P/PM (XTR, made of magnesium) and shipping the regular MA (aluminum), so beware.
4) SRAM Eagle GX AXS Upgrade kit for wireless shifting. Note, the wireless rear derailleur/shifter, and battery actually weigh 60g more than the stock Eagle GX derailleur/shifter with cable and housing. I used 2 Jagwire Frame 6.0-6.3mm plugs on the frame holes after removing the rear derailleur cable/housing.
5) 155mm crank arms from the kids Turbo SL hardtail (Specialized p/n S211600035) to help with the pedal strikes I’ve been experiencing on this bike.
6) Without the SRAM brake levers with the integrated mounts, I needed 2 generic 22.2mm handlebar clamps to mount the shifter and seatpost lever. Having these separated from the brake levers allowed me to move the shifter/seatpost levers further away from the grips, which is to my preference.
7) Upcoming: The same saddle as what’s on my Lynskey, a WTB Volt carbon (personal preference).

I’m not really concerned about the weight but for those who are curious, the bike currently weighs 39.5 lbs.

Here are some pics:

IMG_5048.jpeg

IMG_6036.jpeg

IMG_6037.jpeg

IMG_6038.jpeg

IMG_6120.jpeg

IMG_6121.jpeg

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles