Greetings from Sunny Cornwall

Smonkey

Mar 21, 2022
UK
Hi everyone, I'm Matt and I've finally taken the plunge and bought a 2021 Giant Trance X. Took it for a quick spin this afternoon to dial in my settings and absolutely blown away. Laughing like a lunatic riding UP a hill. Doesn't get much better than that.

Can't believe I've waited this long and looking forward to plenty of adventures in the near future.

See you on the trails ;)

Morton027

Jun 3, 2019
Worcestershire
I’m with you on the hills, took my Cube Hardtail to Kielder in Northumberland on holiday, huge hill and my main thought was how I had no right to be able to cycle this fast and easily uphill.
You get used to it though lol.

Smonkey

Mar 21, 2022
UK
I’m with you on the hills, took my Cube Hardtail to Kielder in Northumberland on holiday, huge hill and my main thought was how I had no right to be able to cycle this fast and easily uphill.
You get used to it though lol.
I used to race XC (a few years ago now :oops:) and even at my peak I couldn't climb technical stuff the way this bike does.

It's almost akin to having an enduro motorbike without the hassle, smell, noise, insurance, licence, abuse from walkers/ horse riders (although there will still be a few haters out there).

My 13 year old had a go last night and he hasn't stopped raving about it. This could get very expensive :LOL:

Morton027

Jun 3, 2019
Worcestershire
It's almost akin to having an enduro motorbike without the hassle, smell, noise, insurance, licence, abuse from walkers/ horse riders (although there will still be a few haters out there).
Just visit the New Forest lol, eventually the haters will find you if you don’t find them 😂

Smonkey

Mar 21, 2022
UK
Just visit the New Forest lol, eventually the haters will find you if you don’t find them 😂

I did a charity ride on a road bike a few years back which passed through the New Forest. Safe to say, I won't ever be going back :(.

Please feel free to come to Cornwall though. The drivists are bloody annoying but the more bikes we get, on and off road the better.

Smonkey

Mar 21, 2022
UK
I’m in Cornwall every year in May, bodyboarding and Paddleboarding gear leave no room for the bike though

That's a shame as we've got loads of bridleways and byways which keep you away from all the traffic but most of the lanes are pretty quiet anyway.

Morton027

Jun 3, 2019
Worcestershire
Yeah we go to Sennen, loads of lanes there that could be enjoyed on the bike and I imagine there’s some MTB fun around Bodmin Moor if I were to take the bike there.

Smonkey

Mar 21, 2022
UK
You've got some fantastic riding all across Penwith and Sennen is an ideal location to get out and about on it. Drop me a message if you're down this way with the bike and we can meet up for a ride out.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles