Greetings From Consett, Co. Durham

Old Mike

Sep 3, 2019
Consett, County Durham
I'm a 54 year old man who's been mountain biking for 2 years.

Its changed my life. I'm fit(ish!) for the first time in 35 years, lost 2 stone in weight.

I'm right into it now, ebike to work 14 miles each way every day, out most weekends at either Hamsterly, Chopwell, Innerleithen etc (I'm from Consett near Newcastle upon Tyne)

I want to do the Megavalanche next year, and I was hoping these forums would be able to give me hints and tips on how to go about it - it just looks awesome.

How hard can it be!!

Old Mike

Sep 3, 2019
Consett, County Durham
My bike:

1567583491743-png.18087

Except mine looks like its been in a war and not washed very often.

I go for the "tape everything to the bike, no backpack" school of mountain biking.

Best thing I've ever owned.

Pukmeister

Jul 18, 2019
Fareham
How hard can it be?

Try googling 'owlaps' with 'megavalanche' and watch the onboard video of what its like to start from last place. I would die from a cardiac if I tried it.

Old Mike

Sep 3, 2019
Consett, County Durham
How hard can it be?

Try googling 'owlaps' with 'megavalanche' and watch the onboard video of what its like to start from last place. I would die from a cardiac if I tried it.

I’ve watched them - that’s why I want to do it!

Robs video was awesome, it’s what made me decide to put The Mega top of next years To Do list.

The wife made sure I was well insured and is now very supportive of my taking part...

Beezerk

Mar 23, 2019
Gateshead
Eyup mate, me and my pal go in Chopwell woods twice a week usually as we live in the village next door luckily.
Not been to Hamsterley yet but I'm still to buy an emtb so it will he my first port of call when I eventually do.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles