Levo Gen 3 Greatly improved lever ergonomics on S-Works Levo

RickBullotta

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Jun 5, 2019
USA
My S-Works Levo came with SRAM Eagle AXS and Magura MT7 brakes. However, it came with a horrible matchmaker clamp that made it impossible to get a comfortable or optimal lever setup for both levers. No big deal I thought - just order the Magura half clamp piece and a SRAM Discrete clamp for the shifter. I've used those SRAM clamps many times on 11 and 12 speed setups.

Well, it sorta works, but still wasn't optimal. There was interference between the paddle and the brake level clamp, and I still couldn't get it dialed. At the same time, I decided to convert my Santa Cruz Hightower to AXS for consistency. When the parts arrived, I mounted them up (also have MT7's on that bike), and much to my surprise there was no interference, and I was able to get a very natural and comfortable setup.

It turns out that there is a hard-to-find SRAM Discrete clamp specifically for AXS shifters. I have another of those on order, but hopefully anyone else with an S-Works Levo who isn't happy with their lever setup can take advantage of this info.

Here's the Magura half clamp (I actually bought them through Magura) - just reuse the same bolts

Magura Carbotecture Handlebar Clamp - Modern Bike

Here's the SRAM clamp for the AXS shifter:

SRAM Eagle AXS Controller Discrete Clamp - Cambria Bike

Note that there's a very different offset with this clamp. It works MUCH better than the standard clamp and infinitely better than the crappy matchmaker clamp.

RickBullotta

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Jun 5, 2019
USA
FYI I spoke with Specialized, and the intent is to ship future bikes with the above configuration, pending parts availability. Not in the near term however.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles