GPS Trackers & Other Security Measures

Mudgey

Feb 20, 2019
Exeter
Afternoon, so as this bike is by far the most expensive bike I have ever owned and I am a little conscious of it going walkabout! We've got some pretty hefty chains already but what are people using regarding GPS trackers so we can keep an eye on the bike if it does get nicked?

Vilt

Feb 13, 2019
Berg en Terblijt, The Netherlands

OlaGB

Mar 19, 2019
Norway
I bought the Bikefinder. Seems like a great product so far.
Here in Norway, it actually comes with insurance covered in the monthly cost, which made my decision to a nobrainer.

I will just call the insurance company and the local police if it gets stolen, and let them do theire job.

Randles

Patreon
Apr 4, 2019
United Kingdom
Then there is this:

Sherlock – The ultimate GPS anti-theft device for bikes
Spybike
BikeFinder – Integrated tracker for your bike
Troja Bike | GPS Tracker
GPS Tracking Device For Bikes | Anti-theft Bike GPS Tracker.
https://www.thetrackr.com/
Home

But I've been wondering. Say it has been stolen, and somehow you manage to track it.

Then what? You politely knock on the door of what could be a den of thieves and ask for your bike back?
Personally I'd take the police with me. Surely they would have to attend with you if you've tracked it.

YouYoung

Oct 8, 2019
Illinois
Afternoon, so as this bike is by far the most expensive bike I have ever owned and I am a little conscious of it going walkabout! We've got some pretty hefty chains already but what are people using mini GPS to locate expensive bikes so we can keep an eye on the bike if it does get nicked?

Spytec seems to be one of the more popular bike trackers. My friend said that it has more advantages in positioning accuracy and battery life than other things at the same price. I'm looking at his information and I will consider getting one.

Webby1805

Feb 9, 2019
Stonehaven
hi has any one bought one and had to use it? im looking at getting 2 of the below for mine and my partners bikes
GPS Tracker for Bosch E-Bike - BikeTrax GPS tracker e-bike - GPS tracking with PowUnity
Bought for my 2019 levo found out it was for the previous bose motor and their communication was with me awfull , tried every social media way to get answers and had to wait a week for them to respond by e-mail(for a start up was unacceptable).Oh and they initially sent out the wrong gps which was for shimano.
That said i received a message from someone on facebook who managed to fit the brose to his kinevo and was happy.

I am not going to slate them as hopefully they have ironed that rubbish out looks a great product but don't keep with the times.

OldGoatMTB

E*POWAH Master
Mar 24, 2020
Based on my online research I'm not sure I'd count on the GPS trackers either to recover my bike or to insure me. My advice is to keep it indoors, use a good lock, and consider Velosurance if you think you need insurance.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles