Gorilla Brake Pads for emtb brakes

LJR69

Jan 4, 2022
UK
Given that finding Shimano N03A pads which are in stock anywhere is nigh on impossible I'm looking instead at buying these: SHIMANO XTR M9120 4-Piston brake pads (gorillabrakes.com)

Youtube just seems to have some people trying them on their road bikes, and they seem to do well, but what about for heavy emtbs riding through all kind of terrain and crappy conditions? Anyone got any experience with them - if so which compound did you try?

Thx

Cb750stu

Subscriber
Nov 6, 2020
United Kingdom
I've been using gorilla pads mostly metallic and sintered , good life out of them , I have them in my hope e4's and work very well 🤟

Trickz

E*POWAH Master
Patreon
Sep 2, 2019
Burton upon Trent
Ive been using the gorilla sintered pads for a few years now on my bikes.they are excellent value and the performance is good..I think they are slightly thicker also by a smidge.

Digging dog

May 25, 2022
Greater Manchester
I've been using Gorilla pads on three bikes, excellent performance. Their (G03S / G04S) sintered pads have been perfect but I recently fitted their Enduro Sintered (D02S / D03S) version and although the braking performance was still brilliant I found them quite noisy.

Downhillr

Jul 2, 2021
SF Bay, California
Given that finding Shimano N03A pads which are in stock anywhere is nigh on impossible I'm looking instead at buying these: SHIMANO XTR M9120 4-Piston brake pads (gorillabrakes.com)

Youtube just seems to have some people trying them on their road bikes, and they seem to do well, but what about for heavy emtbs riding through all kind of terrain and crappy conditions? Anyone got any experience with them - if so which compound did you try?

Thx
I’ve found that MTX (gold) brake pads perform well for aggressive riding or ebike, Clydesdale riders. These brakes use ceramic in their friction materials and retain good modulation and fade resistance.

Oldandslowguy

Dec 2, 2022
Nevada
Honestly, I would never buy Gorilla brake pads again. They are extremely loud although the brake action is good. My experience with their customer service was terrible, no way would
I recommend them. There are so many better options out there, I will spend my money elsewhere.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles