gopro quik app, how to change from preview to full res

Swiss Roll

Jul 28, 2021
Switzerland
Hi, I am trying to change the horizon, but it won't let me do it on the preview, I have downloaded the clip to the iphone, but I can't seem to switch to the full res clip, I have clicked everywhere, and googled a good bit.

Mikerb

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
May 16, 2019
Weymouth
Gopro exports low res/proxy versions of clips together with meta data ( the information required to convert to full res)....... The Quik app uses the meta data to convert to full res for viewing and limited editing. If you want the full res clip you need to open the SD card in a PC/Laptop and download the full res files. You can do what you like with them then provided you have video editing software.

Swiss Roll

Jul 28, 2021
Switzerland
Gopro exports low res/proxy versions of clips together with meta data ( the information required to convert to full res)....... The Quik app uses the meta data to convert to full res for viewing and limited editing. If you want the full res clip you need to open the SD card in a PC/Laptop and download the full res files. You can do what you like with them then provided you have video editing software.
Thanks for the reply.
Actually, I don't necessarily want full res, I just want to edit it, but the app won't let me. I saw a video from gopro on changing the horizon, which said I needed to download the clip from the gopro to the iphone, which I did. It has a blue checkmark. But Every time I tap on the video, there is no way to edit the horizon, it says preview at the top, when I click on preview, it just says "this is a low res video in camera playback, you will get full resolution once you download it", which I already did. the only option is to click "got it".

Mikerb

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
May 16, 2019
Weymouth
Thanks for the reply.
Actually, I don't necessarily want full res, I just want to edit it, but the app won't let me. I saw a video from gopro on changing the horizon, which said I needed to download the clip from the gopro to the iphone, which I did. It has a blue checkmark. But Every time I tap on the video, there is no way to edit the horizon, it says preview at the top, when I click on preview, it just says "this is a low res video in camera playback, you will get full resolution once you download it", which I already did. the only option is to click "got it".
To do that you need Gopro Plus so you actually download to the Gopro Cloud to edit etc.

Swiss Roll

Jul 28, 2021
Switzerland
To do that you need Gopro Plus so you actually download to the Gopro Cloud to edit etc.
Actually, I got it to work by adding it to mural, but it adds a load of edits and stupid fx and shitty music, i cant get rid of this stuff, but I found out how to tilt it, and get rid of the music.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles