Giant Trace x e+ sudden RideControler stop working and not showing anything

beithor

Aug 4, 2024
Poland
Hi guys,

Recently I have strange issue with my e-bike giant trace x e+ 3 2021.

Last night i charged battery and from this time ridecontroler is not lighting up but connects (when I press on button on controller) to my phone for minute then disconnects. I have no idea what happened.

When I went out to have a ride, I click on button, the motor works for 30 seconds but the RideControl still does not work (no light on). After 30 sec the bike is dead again.

Anyone have idea how to solve it?

Rubinstein

Apr 7, 2022
kent
Hi guys,

Recently I have strange issue with my e-bike giant trace x e+ 3 2021.

Last night i charged battery and from this time ridecontroler is not lighting up but connects (when I press on button on controller) to my phone for minute then disconnects. I have no idea what happened.

When I went out to have a ride, I click on button, the motor works for 30 seconds but the RideControl still does not work (no light on). After 30 sec the bike is dead again.

Anyone have idea how to solve it?
Try removing the battery from the bike and refitting it, this will reset the system. When the battery is out check the led indicators on the battery to make sure it is charged, also clean the contacts while it is removed. Good luck

beithor

Aug 4, 2024
Poland
Thanks, I already did it. LEDs on battery are full and contacts do not seem to be a problem because I clean them with contact spray. I also checked wires if they are fitted ok and also no problem detected. Problem still appears. The wired think is that anytime when I push button on I can connect via Bluetooth and after 1 min connection is lost

Rubinstein

Apr 7, 2022
kent
Thanks, I already did it. LEDs on battery are full and contacts do not seem to be a problem because I clean them with contact spray. I also checked wires if they are fitted ok and also no problem detected. Problem still appears. The wired think is that anytime when I push button on I can connect via Bluetooth and after 1 min connection is lost
Sadly not much more you can do if you have checked connections and done the basic checks, unfortunately sounds like a trip to the dealer 🙁

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles