Levo Gen 3 Gen 3 Levo - Bearings and Pivot bolt replacement?

SteveSSS

Aug 14, 2019
Lancaster, UK
I've got some movement in my rear triangle, I'm pretty sure it's the main lower bearings. I'm going to replace all the bearings as I've had a good 2 years out of them.
Do I need to replace the pivot bolts at the same time and any recommendations as to where to get my bearings from? Uk based. Thanks

RebornRider

May 31, 2019
NorCal USA
I've replaced the rear suspension bearings twice on my 5 year old gen2 Levo. The pivot bolts and spacers looked fine each time, so I cleaned them and put fresh locktite 242 on the threads. Spesh has a bolt+spacer kit for gen2s that I bought in case I messed up or lost something, part number S194200008. I don't know if this part number would work for gen3.

If your gen3 seat stay is the same design as my gen2 alloy part, you will need a blind bearing puller to remove the outer bearings. Mine were stuck in there REALLY TIGHT! Old Blokes Who Should Know Better has a youtube video on replacing the bearings that is worth a watch.

Edit to say that Spesh has a rear triangle bearing set for gen2, but I can't find the part number.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles