G'day from Adelaide, Australia

Steve38

Sep 10, 2020
Adelaide, Australia
I live in the southern suburbs of Adelaide and have been riding my non-motorised mtb around the local trails for the last 6 years

Age (and a lack of fitness) have been catching up quickly so for my 50th Birthday I've just treated myself to the new 2021 Merida e160 500 - call it a mid-life crisis purchase if you like !

Now the wait begins - hanging out to get blasting down and back up trails with relative ease !

Funkeydunk

Subscriber
May 28, 2019
Uk
G’day, you’ll love it, just yesterday my mates and I just session’d a hillside and found 12 new routes, 3000 ft of climes just pissing about. And we’re all 50 ish (physical age)

Krakaride

Jan 6, 2021
Hallett Cove
I live in the southern suburbs of Adelaide and have been riding my non-motorised mtb around the local trails for the last 6 years

Age (and a lack of fitness) have been catching up quickly so for my 50th Birthday I've just treated myself to the new 2021 Merida e160 500 - call it a mid-life crisis purchase if you like !

Now the wait begins - hanging out to get blasting down and back up trails with relative ease !
G'day Steve, How good are the eBikes eh?! I've been riding my Merida one twenty around as many trails as possible, although the climbs limit the amount. But now that isn't a problem.
Where abouts are you located?

Steve38

Sep 10, 2020
Adelaide, Australia
G'day Steve, How good are the eBikes eh?! I've been riding my Merida one twenty around as many trails as possible, although the climbs limit the amount. But now that isn't a problem.
Where abouts are you located?
Hey Paul
Thanks for the message
I’m at Seaford Heights down the other end of the expressway
Would you believe I’m still waiting for delivery of my new Merida
I was originally going for the Jam2 like you but was right in-between sizes so pulled the pin and changed to the Merida
Bike Express are now saying mid Jan so not too long hopefully
I ride a bit at OHalloram Hill, Craigburn Farm, Onkapringa Nat Park and sometimes trundle along the coast or the rail trail
Cheers

Krakaride

Jan 6, 2021
Hallett Cove
Hey Paul
Thanks for the message
I’m at Seaford Heights down the other end of the expressway
Would you believe I’m still waiting for delivery of my new Merida
I was originally going for the Jam2 like you but was right in-between sizes so pulled the pin and changed to the Merida
Bike Express are now saying mid Jan so not too long hopefully
I ride a bit at OHalloram Hill, Craigburn Farm, Onkapringa Nat Park and sometimes trundle along the coast or the rail trail
Cheers
Nice ?? Yes I was originally keen for the eOne Sixty but preorder didn't do it for me. I needed to take one for a spin before I bought one.
I couldn't believe the range of stock WillRide had on the floor. It was like walking into a lolly shop ?

Steve38

Sep 10, 2020
Adelaide, Australia
Well it finally arrived !
Picked up Thursday
Rode Kuitpo Sunday morning
Very enjoyable
Brief review in the Merida e160 thread and a couple of photos in the Pic of the Day thread
Checked out your YouTube channel some good stuff
I ride by myself so if you’re looking for some company send me a PM

Krakaride

Jan 6, 2021
Hallett Cove
Well it finally arrived !
Picked up Thursday
Rode Kuitpo Sunday morning
Very enjoyable
Brief review in the Merida e160 thread and a couple of photos in the Pic of the Day thread
Checked out your YouTube channel some good stuff
I ride by myself so if you’re looking for some company send me a PM
Hey Steve, did we meet on Sunday at Dads Loop? I had a white helmet on, riding a Black Focus Jam2 with skinwall tyres, and we may have briefly chatted....And yes, let's catch up for some rides. I'm tired of waiting for aBike riders on the climbs lol

Steve38

Sep 10, 2020
Adelaide, Australia
Hey Steve, did we meet on Sunday at Dads Loop? I had a white helmet on, riding a Black Focus Jam2 with skinwall tyres, and we may have briefly chatted....And yes, let's catch up for some rides. I'm tired of waiting for aBike riders on the climbs lol
Hey Paul
Lol yes that was me - small world
This weekend's looking pretty hot - 39c Sat / 41c Sun - so probably won't head out for anything too adventurous
I'll get back in touch next week and see what you're up for
Cheers

Krakaride

Jan 6, 2021
Hallett Cove
Hey Paul
Lol yes that was me - small world
This weekend's looking pretty hot - 39c Sat / 41c Sun - so probably won't head out for anything too adventurous
I'll get back in touch next week and see what you're up for
Cheers
Yeah cool. No worries. I'll be heading out early, if at all.

Steve38

Sep 10, 2020
Adelaide, Australia
Hey Paul
Sorry I haven’t been in touch
Had a crash on the new bike a month back
New rear wheel, derailleur and $600 worth of dented pride
Just getting my riding mojo back over the last few weeks
Anyway I’m still keen to catch up for a ride or two
I’ll send you a PM with my contact details
Cheers
Steve

Krakaride

Jan 6, 2021
Hallett Cove
Not a problem mate. I myself have just gotten over 2 stacks, but all rib related. Bruised and fractured etc...got some light upper body armour now, plus knee and elbow pads, so i should be ok for a while.

Hi Steve
Im building a hoilday home in Normnaville and will take my 2020 Levo S Works with me when I stay there . I recommence riding off road bike since March 2020 after 54 year absense with the Findon Skid Kids . As I am living in Melbourne since 1980 this eMTB has been a blessing and have discovered heaps via the many trails Melbourne has to offer . I hope there is some good riding in or nearby the Fleurier Peninsular region

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles