G'day. Another new member from Australia.

flash

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Patreon
Nov 24, 2018
Wamberal, NSW Australia
Hello all. Very happy to be here. I'm from the Central Coast of NSW in Oz. I've had my Merida e-one sixty 900 (the red one) for about a month.

I love this bike.... I've not ridden for a couple of years and this has made it so easy to get back on the bike. I've put on Shimano XT flats which I'll get used to after 15 years in clipless. I installed a one-up mini tool in the headset and I'm running tubeless.

Just looking for every chance o get out for a ride.

Gordon

DarkBlueSheep

Oct 31, 2018
Brisbane
Nice Gordon, I'm like you too, it's been a while since I did any proper mountain biking and the ebike makes it so easy to get back into.

Seems like the ebike scene is taking off fast in Aussie, I'm based in Brisbane and me and the wife ride Giant Trance E+

RobNevyn

E*POWAH Master
Patreon
Nov 19, 2018
Central Coast NSW Australia
Hey Gordon, excellent to see another Coastie on the forum. I have just ordered my Trance E+, will be ready to pick up mid December when I return from my holiday to NZ.
Would love to catch up some time for a ride if your up for it.

flash

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Patreon
Nov 24, 2018
Wamberal, NSW Australia
Hey Gordon, excellent to see another Coastie on the forum. I have just ordered my Trance E+, will be ready to pick up mid December when I return from my holiday to NZ.
Would love to catch up some time for a ride if your up for it.

Absolutely. I'm happy getting out on my own but it'd be brilliant to get out and play with some other e-mtbers. Fun is more fun when shared.

I'm still getting my skill set up. It's been a long time between mountain bikes (I became a MAMIL for a while). But I can already feel my fitness improving rapidly. Eventually I'll stop falling off the damn thing. :) Apparently high tyre pressure and sand don't mix. haha. Last couple of rides up Kincumber have been an absolute blast. And I stayed up.

The Giant looks like a sweet ride.

Gordon

RobNevyn

E*POWAH Master
Patreon
Nov 19, 2018
Central Coast NSW Australia
Absolutely. I'm happy getting out on my own but it'd be brilliant to get out and play with some other e-mtbers. Fun is more fun when shared.

I'm still getting my skill set up. It's been a long time between mountain bikes (I became a MAMIL for a while). But I can already feel my fitness improving rapidly. Eventually I'll stop falling off the damn thing. :) Apparently high tyre pressure and sand don't mix. haha. Last couple of rides up Kincumber have been an absolute blast. And I stayed up.

The Giant looks like a sweet ride.

Gordon

Good stuff Gordon, I am right there with you on the fitness thing, only just got back on my old mtb to get ready for my new Trance, I need to get my skills/stamina up a lot more.
I haven't ridden Kincumber Mountain yet and hear that it is a good workout for the emtb's.
Will be great to catch up in a few weeks when I'm back from holidays.
Cheers
Rob.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles