• How to use this section. To the thread starter: Once you are satisfied with the answer that youve been given, click the Trophy on the left hand side of the message. This will rate this answer as the 'Best Answer' and will change the question status from 'Unanswerd' to 'Answered'. All members can also upvote an answer with the 'Up' arrow, this will help identify the best answer.

Frustrating Issue with Focus Jam 2 and Shimano Steps E8000

CB135798642

Sep 3, 2024
Germany
Hello,

unfortunately, I'm having a problem with my Focus Jam 2 with Shimano Steps E8000, and it’s really frustrating.

I’m not sure if this is the cause, but it’s worth mentioning that I’ve used a pressure washer to clean the e-bike, though I only washed the non-electronic parts as usual. However, shortly after, the issues began.

I was riding as usual when the bike suddenly shut off in the middle of the ride. At first, I was able to turn it back on, and it worked fine for about a week (I ride at least 20 km daily) without any issues. But then the problem started recurring, with the intervals between shutdowns getting shorter, until eventually, the bike would only stay on for a few minutes before not turning on at all. I discovered that if I unplug and replug the Di2 cables at the motor, the bike would work again, but only for a few days.

I then checked and reconnected some of the other cables, and the bike ran fine again for about a week before the issue started repeating, with the shutdowns happening in shorter and shorter intervals.

As a result, I gradually replaced all the Di2 cable connections, including the magnet sensor and the wiring harness inside the frame. After each part was replaced, the same error pattern occurred.

By the way, the problem happens with both the internal and external batteries.

Has anyone experienced this issue or have any explanations as to what might be causing it?

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles