• How to use this section. To the thread starter: Once you are satisfied with the answer that youve been given, click the Trophy on the left hand side of the message. This will rate this answer as the 'Best Answer' and will change the question status from 'Unanswerd' to 'Answered'. All members can also upvote an answer with the 'Up' arrow, this will help identify the best answer.

Answered Freehub compability

Fritz

Jan 28, 2022
Dorking, RH4
Was thinking of going from 12speed to 10 or 11 speed.
Reasoning: Cheaper, easier to get on the market atm, stronger chains. Good enough for my ebike.
Current setup is 12speed Deore which has a Microspline Hub. Can I just change the Freehub to a HG Freehub or will I need a hub too?

Rich-EMTB-UK

E*POWAH Master
Aug 11, 2019
UK
I think it depends on the hub manufacturer, certainly DT Swiss are normally interchangeable but replacement fittings are not cheap. £100+ last time I did this on DT Swiss wheels.

boBE

Apr 12, 2020
FL
Was thinking of going from 12speed to 10 or 11 speed.
Reasoning: Cheaper, easier to get on the market atm, stronger chains. Good enough for my ebike.
Current setup is 12speed Deore which has a Microspline Hub. Can I just change the Freehub to a HG Freehub or will I need a hub too?

I went from 12 to 11 (SRAM), the HG hub was already there but the change also required a new shifter and derailleur.

CJaMTB

May 9, 2020
Dartmoor
Sadly, no. The FH-MT410 rear hub is only compatible with that particular microspline freehub, so a change to 10 or 11 speed would need a new hub or wheel. Sorry.

Rich-EMTB-UK

E*POWAH Master
Aug 11, 2019
UK
I run SRAM on my bikes and use the cheapest cassette for EAGLE NX and to be honest cant tell much difference between that and the XO1 version on my previous bike. So might be worth trying the cheapest Shimano 12 speed cassette

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles