Fox Fit4 Factory 34 click noise? what could it be?

More-read-than-ride

Patreon
Jan 3, 2019
Spain
Hi all,
I have a new cube 140 AT and I have a noise issue with the fox fork. Every time the suspension compresses slightly, in all modes, it makes a loud click. At first I thought it was a cable slap or similar, but it seems to be coming from the fork or perhaps from the conexion between the bike frame and the fork. On a trail it happens every few seconds and is very bothersome. Any ideas?

SquireRides

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Sep 4, 2018
UK
Could be in lots of places. New bikes often ship with little or no grease on contact points.

Try all the common places for creaks first: Steerer tube to stem; Stem to bars. Unscrew, clean, lightly grease or assembly paste, screw back to proper torque settings.

Check the headset too.

If it's not those, it is worth chasing the creak around the bike. It rarely comes from where you think you can hear it coming from! I'd also clean/grease areas like cranks, pedals and saddle before worrying about the fork.

Finally, maybe it is the fork! You do sometimes hear about creaks from where the fork crown bonds to the steerer tube. Google that for solutions as I'm no expert with forks. But it sounds like a little bit of wet lube allowed to soak in to that bond sometimes helps...

SquireRides

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Sep 4, 2018
UK
One other thought, because I did also spend ages looking for a creak or cable noise around my Fox 34 Performance...

Have you checked the brakes? Turns out my noise from from the SRAM G2 calipers. The brake pads were rattling around something crazy. Solved by taking them out and slightly spreading the forked space spring thing to keep the pads under more tension.

More-read-than-ride

Patreon
Jan 3, 2019
Spain
One other thought, because I did also spend ages looking for a creak or cable noise around my Fox 34 Performance...

Have you checked the brakes? Turns out my noise from from the SRAM G2 calipers. The brake pads were rattling around something crazy. Solved by taking them out and slightly spreading the forked space spring thing to keep the pads under more tension.
I dont think so, but I will check

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles