Levo Gen 2 Fox DPX2 custom tune

jonpress

Oct 23, 2018
Iver
Hi all,

I having been running a Fox DPX2 on my 2019 Levo Carbon Comp for a while now and apart from some warranty work it's been fine. I was tempted whilst it was away into getting a coil shock but TFTuned reckoned for my weight and bike the DPX2 was more than capable and perhaps a custom tune would be the way forward. I wanted to see if any of you out there had gone down the custom tune route with TFTuned (or similar) with this shock and what the results were. I have a riding weight of about 107kg and am constantly using all travel on the rear shock when just riding Swinley, this is with slightly less than 30% sag.

Fox state the shock tune (DMTS) as follows, I wondered could this be an issue as it appears to be for a Stumpy and mine is obviously a heavier bike.
2019, FLOAT DPX2, F-S, K, 3pos-Adj, Evol LCR, Specialized, Stumpjumper 27.5, AM, 210, 52.5, 1.0 Spacer, CM, DRL, Rezi A F M+, Orange Logo

I am going to give TFTuned a shout over the next couple of days but just wondered if anyone had any experience in this.

Cheers

Jon

Aitrui

Subscriber
May 16, 2020
Budapest
I have similar problem as you with dpx2 factory (not on a Levo). If I use 25-30% sag, I can blow through the full travel easily on small jumps, drops. At first I was thinking it's because of my bike geometry, 160mm travel on 200x57mm shock, but after I met several people with similar problems on non Ebikes also, I realized this is how this schock was designed I guess.

Now, I'm using the biggest volume spacer, less than 20% sag, and still bottoming out on bigger hits, but less than before.

PS.: mine was also repaired one time, and replaced the second time (just FOX things....)

Last edited:

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles