Fox 36 performance Float Fit Grip EVOL

Ian986

Apr 21, 2021
Surrey
Hi All,

I Have a Cannondale Moterra 3 . Today I upgraded my rockshox deluxe to meg neg . The bike feels so much better. This got me thinking as I have Rockshox Gold RL 35 front forks.which can seem a bit notchy , maybe I Should upgrade my forks . The shop had a brand new set of forks that was taken of a bike that they had sold as customer , but he put on an upgraded pair on the new bike . So they have these FOX 36 Float Fit Grip EVOL Performance . which they will sell and fit for me for £600. Would this be worth the money ? From what I can see the performance are lowest end of the fox 36.? I have been looking at you tube video reviews And all seem to be the factory versions.

Please help me as I have just confused myself even more by looking online . I Don’t mind spending the money if a worthy upgrade or am I just going from a bottom range rock shox to a Fox bottom of the range ?

Thanks in advance

Last edited:

rocko_n82

Oct 13, 2018
UK
Hi All,

I Have a Cannondale Moterra 3 . Today I upgraded my rockshox deluxe to meg neg . The bike feels so much better. This got me thinking as I have Rockshox Gold RL 35 front forks.which can seem a bit notchy , maybe I Should upgrade my forks . The shop had a brand new set of forks that was taken of a bike that they had sold as customer , but he put on an upgraded pair on the new bike . So they have these FOX 36 Float Fit Grip EVOL Performance . which they will sell and fit for me for £600. Would this be worth the money ? From what I can see the performance are lowest end of the fox 36.? I have been looking at you tube video reviews And all seem to be the factory versions.

Please help me as I have just confused myself even more by looking online . I Don’t mind spending the money if a worthy upgrade or am I just going from a bottom range rock shox to a Fox bottom of the range ?

Thanks in advance

I'd pass on them, a good fork but its the budget damper. At £600 you could probably find a good condition second hand fork like a Lyrik Ultimate Charger 2.1 or a Fox 36 Performance elite or Factory.

Ian986

Apr 21, 2021
Surrey
Thanks for the replies ! I really appreciate the advise.

I am really don’t know what to do, as I am so far out of my depth with this, I thought they was a bargain as cheapest I Could find was 852 online so at 600 fitted I thought was fair , I don’t really want to buy 2nd parts as could be knackered and I would not know what to look for , but if I spent another 200-300 and got much better forks would that be worth it . To be fair my forks are not to bad just little bad on small bumps.

Planemo

E*POWAH Elite
Mar 12, 2021
Essex UK
My son has some old (2017) Fox 34 GRIP on his Trance and tbh they have the nicest soft bump compliance I have ever felt. Virtually zero stiction and god knows when they were last serviced!

The 36's would be even stiffer, so from my experience with Fox I would say go for it. But then I prefer Fox over RS anyway :)

steve_sordy

Wedding Crasher
Nov 5, 2018
Lincolnshire, UK
Get the bargain forks, ride them and enjoy the superior performance. It will take you a while to become dissatisfied with them enough to know what to do with them. Dampers can be changed, spacers can be added, loads of stuff.

Pauliemon

Sep 14, 2020
Northern California, USA
I had the 34. It was pretty good. It lacked small bump compliance at speed. Like little ripples coming into a turn. Other then that it worked👍. I sold mine for $370 US in good condition. Unless you got a ton of bucks lying around, I say "go 4 it".

Ian986

Apr 21, 2021
Surrey
Hi All,

Thanks for all the advice. I really appreciate it.

I have managed to get myself a set of Zeb Ultimates.
It is only costing just over 900 fitted. My thinking was that, If I bought the fox forks for 600 and wanted to upgrade to grip 2 would cost about 1100 is an total . I nearly bought a set of factory 36. But then I Came across the Zebs which where on offer and in stock and cheaper.
I am hopefully getting them fitted Friday.

Last edited:

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles