Fox 34 'ebike' Variant Lowers Service

gmodertom

Apr 21, 2020
Huddersfield
Hi all,

I just have a quick question and can't seem to find a reliable answer online. I have the Fox 34 ebike variant which I know uses the 32 damper. In terms of a lower leg service/seal/foam washer replacement does it use the 34 ones or the 32 ones? I imagine it's the 34 ones as the outer diameter is the same. Sorry if it's a noob question! I've only done a lowers service once a long time ago on an older rockshox model and I'm wanting to learn to do more maintenance myself so I need to start somewhere!

Kind regards

Tom

STATO

Feb 18, 2020
North
Yes the lowers are the same as normal 34, so all parts are the same. The difference of the ebike version is the thickness of the upper legs, which are same outer diameter but thicker wall so internal diameter is reduced. Hence the correctly identified 32 innards (but note there are different versions of 32 so if you change the innards, air spring for example, you need to identify the correct part from the many options).

gmodertom

Apr 21, 2020
Huddersfield
Yes the lowers are the same as normal 34, so all parts are the same. The difference of the ebike version is the thickness of the upper legs, which are same outer diameter but thicker wall so internal diameter is reduced. Hence the correctly identified 32 innards (but note there are different versions of 32 so if you change the innards, air spring for example, you need to identify the correct part from the many options).
Brilliant thank you, I shall (attempt to) service them as soon as the bits arrive!

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles