4.jpg
5.jpg
6.jpg

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
So it kinda hinges up over itself to become twice as long .. like a fancy slide out .. but possibly more like an erection. Either way, however you see it, it's quite clever !

It's a bit like a hardshell pop up tent. It won't fit every requirement, but for where it's intended, it's ideal. Are there any size measurements ? will it sleep a @khorn ?

khorn

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Patreon
Jul 19, 2018
Denmark
So it kinda hinges up over itself to become twice as long .. like a fancy slide out .. but possibly more like an erection. Either way, however you see it, it's quite clever !

It's a bit like a hardshell pop up tent. It won't fit every requirement, but for where it's intended, it's ideal. Are there any size measurements ? will it sleep a @khorn ?
Not in a thousand years :ROFLMAO:

Karsten

routrax

E*POWAH Master
Jun 15, 2019
Uxbridge
A new way to spend Your vacation in the future :unsure:

Perfect with an eMTB - and a couple of spare batteries :cool:

And yes it's from the bicycle capital - Denmark :love:

https://www.widepathcamper.eu/bicycle-camper

That would be great in Scotland with the midges!
It wouldn't have worked very well for my last bikepacking trip in Scotland though, the Cairngorm Loop. Which was great, but consisted of lots of dragging my bike through boggy ground in the pissing rain for hours in a 'cloud' of midges or being waist deep in water crossing a 'stream' that looked like whitewater rapids.

OldGoatMTB

E*POWAH Master
Mar 24, 2020
I dunno .. I think it has it's place .. I want to see Sam Pilgrim with it attached for a day .. It takes Danny Macaskill's Danny's Daycare to the next logical step ..
But it would be so limiting on how and where you could ride, it's not mountain biking it's bike-camping.

Last edited:

GrahamPaul

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Nov 6, 2019
Andalucía
I think I’d rather something like this with a tent and kit attached. You could keep the load low down then. You could also use it to go to the supermarket :)

Flatbed™ - Burley Design

No, I wouldn't recommend that at all if you are doing single track. I use a Topeak Journey Trailer. Single wheel at the back. Anything the bike will fit through, the trailer will fit through, but with the occasional grounding out in rock gardens just to keep things interesting. I went for this rather than panniers (too wide and for me, too unstable) or a frame pack (no space on my fully and I'm in love with my dropper seat post). The only scare I had was when I forgot it was there and bunny hopped a ditch on a fast downhill. Still not sure how I stayed on - and my mate following all but crapped himself.

First picture is from the Alps in 2018. Second picture was a full on camping trip last year with the missus around the Sierra de Cazorla, completely away from civilisation. The rucksack carries half the gear and is tied onto the top of the standard bag. Trailer weighs less than 4kg, including the bag, which makes it comparable to panniers.

My missus found the tour hard, which was the reason for switching to EMTBs. The trailer comes with a 9mm QR skewer. Topeak now do an adapter for a 12mm thru axle. It arrived a couple of days before the lockdown :cry:

IMG_2149.JPG
IMG_2603.JPG

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles