Focus Jam2 on off button question.

Fazerroy

Aug 31, 2020
Fife
Hi,
This is my first post on this Forum. I searched for this but didn't find anything.
Does any one with a Jam2 with the Shimano motor fitted, have an issue where the on off button needs a continuous press or multiple presses to get the system running. Switching off is ok. My local dealer (who no longer sells Focus) tells me.....they are known for doing that. It's not a huge issue, more mildly annoying.
The brakes (Magura) also sound like they are grinding when applied, the dealer fitted new pads but the noise returned pretty soon after that. Wet, dry, super clean, just off a trail, just the same. I can hear it more when slowing to a stop.
Other than that in one year I've cycled 2,200 miles, fitted one new chain, 40 odd miles per charge, some road miles, some trail miles. Hardly ever need to use Boost. I got the Tek pack thrown in for free (as I mentioned the dealer stopped selling Focus and he had a few Tek packs lying around, all gone now.
It's a great bike and my 63 year old bones appreciate the assistance.

stiv674

E*POWAH Elite
Mar 4, 2019
Wiltshire
Yes, you have to press it twice to turn it on, initially for a second or so then it should turn on after the next press.

highpeakrider

E*POWAH Master
Aug 10, 2018
Peak District
It’s covered in the manual.

. Press and hold the button until the Switching on from Sleep mode (waking up)
If the bicycle has not been used for more than 2 hours, press the button on the top tube for three seconds. Wake-up is indicated by the brief flashing of the button before System start-up. Please press the button for three seconds. An acoustic signal is heard. The Shimano Steps logo appears on the display monitor, followed shortly thereafter by the main page.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles