Five ten free rider pro

Hobo Mikey

E*POWAH Elite
Subscriber
May 22, 2020
Where ever
Any of you out there riding with flats and Five ten free rider pro. How is the sizing on them. Do you have your shoe size or go up a size or half.

Flog

Subscriber
Apr 19, 2020
Dorset / Somerset Border
Funnily enough, just bought them and first ride was today. I have flippers on the end of my legs so went for the widest looking on the web and got the FR Pro and then the Ride Concepts Powerline Flat Pedal MTB Shoes. I am normally a 9, possibly 9 ½ . In the RC I got a 10 and the 510's got a 10½ Although I desperately wanted to like the RC's more, the comfort was in the 5 10's. I've kept the 5 10's but think I could have gone down to 10 as have half inch too much length. But on the ride they were great - really sticky, almost too sticky and almost forgot they were on my feet, my previous big standard trainers were way too soft on reflection.
Shout if you need any
measurements or details.

SidLawrence

Aug 12, 2019
Meath, Ireland
I wear them! Absolutely amazing shoe coupled with my DMR pedals!!

Very comfortable.

I’m a size 10. I have a pair in size 10 & they fit superbly, but would be too tight with my Seal Skinz socks in the winter.....so bought a pair in size 11 as well for warm & dry toes in the winter! Great shoe!

N9VNS

Jun 26, 2020
South Wales
I have them and they’re fantastic! So comfortable and perfect size fit. Didn’t have to go up or down half a size. I’m also really impressed with the grip they give. I wear these shoes and ride with nukeproof horizon pro pedals and my feet stay well planted.

Last edited:

Hobo Mikey

E*POWAH Elite
Subscriber
May 22, 2020
Where ever
Should be getting my sealskin socks today ready for the winter. so will then decide what size 5/10 s to get ,my size or half size bigger to allow for socks, or do I get my size. Decisions decisions. Why is life not easy. :unsure:

Last edited:

Varaxis

Founding Member
Feb 5, 2018
California, USA
I've had inconsistent sizing with 5.10. Some size 9.0 US (42.5 EU) seem to fit comfortably roomy with space to run thick socks. Size 8.5 might fit quite snug and very conforming, but lose this feel as it picks up moisture, while others feel cramped the moment I put it on and have to walk around 5 minutes to stretch them.

And then there's differences in how they walk. Some have the front angled up so much that it sort of feels like I'd tip over forward before it ever contacts the toe part of the outsole. Others have it angled like how I'm used to.

5.10's not the only brand that this happens with. For clipless slippers, it's the same, with 42s sometimes being too tight, and 43 often being too roomy to have "foot dexterity". Definitely recommend trying everything, even if you're familiar with a brand.

Also note that 5.10 has different varieties with the same name, but in different colors. They not only differ in color, but also in ventilation. I personally avoid 5.10s which don't have a mesh top for the toe, being in a relative arid climate. I think I passed over the Freerider Pro models because they all have leather over the toe with holes to vent and looked prone to roll ankles. I like ones with mesh, since the sides also are mesh vented, and the hybrid mid/high-top style (high top on inside of ankle, and mid on outside), and the burlier outsole (tends to have some animal print on it).

Last edited:

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles