First few days...

Jamsquared

Nov 15, 2019
Rushden, UK
So, I mentioned in the intro forum that I got a jam2 6.8 plus cheap from Rutland cycles on a black Friday deal . Took it to chicksands and was much more agile than expected. As I'm gonna keep it now I thought I would change out a few parts.
So first on was Maxxis high roller 2 2.5wt then 780mm Renthal bars, Blue Hope tech3 E4 brakes with braided hoses. Look amazing stop unbelievably well. Off with the Shimano discs and on with some neater looking SRAM centerlines. Blue kore chainring was last. Blue is a bit of a theme mostly because it's already on the existing fox 34 and fox rear shock.

A word of warning if you want to change the back brake there is a cable tie inside the frame above the motor, holding a bunch of cables/pipe. That was unexpected! I dropped the motor down leaving the back two bolts in and it sat nicely on the frame with enough room to work.

Don't get me started about i-spec ii, I hate that already. SRAM have that sorted. If you change brakes just add a clamp, how the hell are you supposed to hold half a semi circle on!? I'll tell you how, a p-clip for holding pipes to a wall. Its dirty but it works for now. ;) You don't seem to be able to buy just a clamp?

Pictures will follow when I get a minute...(but not of the pipe clip) ;)

Jamsquared

Nov 15, 2019
Rushden, UK
Actually remembered to stop throwing it around for a minute and take a picture. As surprisingly good as the fitted 4pot Shimano brakes were, the Hopes are alot better ;) spent three hours at Chicksands this morning hurling it down the trails. Twenty runs down and back up towing the boy holding onto my top in boost and only two battery bars missing. That's a result!
IMG_20191124_113827.jpg

Last edited:

Beanz23!

Oct 22, 2019
Kent
Actually remembered to stop throwing it around for a minute and take a picture. As surprisingly good as the fitted 4pot Shimano brakes were, the Hopes are alot better ;) spent three hours at Chicksands this morning hurling it down the trails. Twenty runs down and back up towing the boy holding onto my top in boost and only two battery bars missing. That's a result!
View attachment 22092

Same as mine, good upgrades. Looking to do similar on mine :cool:

Jamsquared

Nov 15, 2019
Rushden, UK
I bought the bike because it was Black Friday cheap, but it is genuinely a great trail bike. It feels a lot like my Reign despite 10mm less travel, its just heavier. Really need to take it to bpw and see how handles technical trails. Coil shock and new back tyre next, the Rekons are a bit slippery and tend to let go in the slightest bit of mud.
I have to say I'm sold on the whole ebike thing, everyone should have one. Lol.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles