Finally. I'm an E-biker

Gary

Old Tartan Bollocks
Author
Subscriber
Mar 29, 2018
the internet
Suspension, tyre pressures and contact points all set up and ready to ride.
CRC had done a good job of the PDI so it was a quick and painless experience.
Tubeless took less than10 minutes as the rims were already taped and I had valves and sealant ready. Was going to change the rear tyre to a narrower HRII but realised I only have Exos and reckon with the weight of this it probably deserves a DD (at least on the rear) I may well go Exo upfront eventually.

E-som.jpg

fit is perfect (for my taste) So glad I wasn't tempted to go for a medium or Large.
:love:

Took it out for a quick 15mile Manky local ride and swung by a mate's
DSC_000001_BURST20180417220426273.JPG

Back home now and all cleaned up ready for another ride tomorrow.
CleanAgainSom.jpg

Dried it up and just finished fitting an RRP front mudguard. Will also be switching the dropper for a 170mm OneUpComponents dropper when it turns up in the next day or so.

For anyone interested I'll probably stick a first impressions post in the manufacturers section when I get a chance

Last edited:

Gary

Old Tartan Bollocks
Author
Subscriber
Mar 29, 2018
the internet
looking nice dude! how she ride dude? you take her on any steep stuff?
tumblr_m5zf73NbF71qaeptio2_500.gif

;)
Nothing sustainably steep from my doorstep here. Just rode manky XC lastnight and one 10minute (flat) rootfest loop. Which was a shitload of fun but actually slower overall than I can manage on my normal bikes (and I was trying). tonight I have an hours window of opertunity while my wee one is at football training so I'm taking it to the local jumpspot to re-aquaint myself with the process of jumping/styling a 48lb bike. Tomorrow i think I'll take the bike with me to work and head to inners straight after (20mins drive). Not sure I CBA with the Golfie as there's more easily accessible riding on the other side. Will be a good chance to test out just how much climbing it can cram in before the battery is dead.
Barely used 20% on lastnights 90min ride and used boost tons. (also rode a fair bit in OFF. which was nowhere near as bad as folk make out)

Last edited:

Gary

Old Tartan Bollocks
Author
Subscriber
Mar 29, 2018
the internet
Still smiling?

Yeah. riding any of my bikes makes me happy. :)

Just in from another hours ride where I swung by my local jump spot. (I've ridden and built there for 15 years so it's a good place to take a new bike to get the measure of it's handling in the air) and this was hands down the worst bike I've ever ridden there. hahaha... :ROFLMAO: The ride there and back is along a woodland path and then an old railway line It's pretty much completely flat and hardpack so difficult not to average over 15mph on any bike rendering the motor pointless. The way back I cut through an estate with a flat but bumpy path back. There's only one short sharp 50ft elevation climb I normally sprint up stood up and the rest of it is also over 15mph. The bike is a hell of a lot of extra weight to cart around when the motor is doing nothing to help. I was fully expecting this bike not to be the best choice for rides like tonights but I'm honestly blown away by just how bad it actually was. The 15mph limit is pretty stupid for a fit rider on flat terrain. But I kinda assumed that might be the case before I bought it. ;)

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles