Felt redemption e30 questions

Electricdownhill805

May 23, 2020
California
I just purchased a felt e 30 redemption that hasn’t shipped yet but have some questions.

I’m 5’10” and purchased the large(20”) model should I have gone with the medium(18”) model?

how much range(miles)can I get on one charge do you think?

I know their is many variables to consider but a rough estimate would help.

is it possible to increase travel?

Is their cheap methods to increase travel on the bike? I’d prefer 170mm front and back

can 29” wheels be put on this bike? Only front wheel? Or both? What what be needed to if possible with one of the aforementioned options?

would it be possible to upgrade the motor and or battery?

Thank you

Last edited:

OldGoatMTB

E*POWAH Master
Mar 24, 2020
I have had the exact same bike for a few months, but an XL. I am almost six foot two and it fits me well. I have tuned my motor a bit but go about 35 to 40 miles on a charge, and I am a bit heavy. Don’t know about increasing the shock travel. Enjoy your bike, they are great!

acerbis

May 6, 2019
wrightwood ca
I have the 2019 E-50 and I love it! Such a great bike. I would love to see more tests on them in the magazines/online just to see if I'm missing anything from a more expensive bike.
I'm 6'3" and I have the XL (22"). I think the large will fit you perfectly.
A spare battery is a must if you want to go more than 30 miles in "trail" or "boost". I've been going down to "eco" just to get more range. I suppose that was the biggest disappointment, but one that I'm easily over since these bikes are so much fun.
Not sure about the 29" swapping over. The provided suspension is decent but I really want to get a triple crown fork on this bad boy!
20190824_070838.jpg

HinduKush

Jun 7, 2020
Colorado, USA
I have the 2019 E-50 and I love it! Such a great bike. I would love to see more tests on them in the magazines/online just to see if I'm missing anything from a more expensive bike.
A spare battery is a must if you want to go more than 30 miles in "trail" or "boost". I've been going down to "eco" just to get more range. I suppose that was the biggest disappointment, but one that I'm easily over since these bikes are so much fun.
Not sure about the 29" swapping over. The provided suspension is decent but I really want to get a triple crown fork on this bad boy! View attachment 32623
How much do you weigh? I'm looking at the e30 but expect to have 260 lbs in the bike between me and my pack. Any issues with the Steps 8000 getting you up the steepest hills?

HinduKush

Jun 7, 2020
Colorado, USA
I have had the exact same bike for a few months, but an XL. I am almost six foot two and it fits me well. I have tuned my motor a bit but go about 35 to 40 miles on a charge, and I am a bit heavy. Don’t know about increasing the shock travel. Enjoy your bike, they are great!
How much do you weigh? I'm looking at the e30 for my first emtb but expect to have 260 lbs in the bike between me and my pack. Any issues with the Steps 8000 getting you up the steepest hills? There are some really steep climbs in Colorado I'd like to attempt.

Madonas

Dec 21, 2020
Delta BC
I have a Felt Redemption for 14 months now. Almost 6000 km on it.
Have replace the E7000 motor last June . It was not initialing properly and throwing Torque sensor error codes and system code. The motor problem started with pulling electrical assist on hills a few months after purchase . The problem fixed it self from time to time but became worse and finally stopped working. This was between 1200 and 1800. If these shimano motor pulll power on hills or anywhere and throw system code, it is probably the motor.
The new motor is much better. I have tried to break it by lapping 10 -20 laps of my favorite downhills in as short a time as possible . There have not been any issues with pulling power.
I assume this bike had a motor from a bad batch . I will try again this spring and summer to see if I can get the motor to misbehave.
Other than that I like the shimano setup .

WGW

Apr 17, 2021
Whistler
Not sure about the 29" swapping over. The provided suspension is decent but I really want to get a triple crown fork on this bad boy! View attachment 32623
What type of tires you find work best? I was looking at the regular EXO TR minion but read some reviews that the EXO+ 3C is the best way to go.

WGW

Apr 17, 2021
Whistler
Has anyone tried switching the shock from a 185 x 52.5mm to a 55mm? Wondering if this is possible or just a bad idea?

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles