Faulty EP801 !

GSK13

Aug 3, 2024
Romania
Hello,

A year ago I purchased from Germany ( I am from Romania ), an Ebike, a Mondraker Dusk R, with an EP801 drive unit. The bike is now about 600km, and this morning, I started the bike, stayed on for about 10 seconds, and after that, turned off, and couldn t started again.
I checkd all the wires, the battery was 100%, yesterday I was with the bike with no problem, ans today I went to a local shop, aprroved by Shimano, for a diagnose, and they couldn t, see or read the motor, on the laptop.
They told me that they never saw that before, and I should make the form to send the motor via warranty in Germany.

Do you have this type of problem with this drive unit ?
How long it will take to solve the problem, or what ar your advices ?

thank you

steve_sordy

Wedding Crasher
Nov 5, 2018
Lincolnshire, UK
Welcome to the Forum @GSK13 I am sorry that I cannot personally help you, but you are doing the correct procedure. This is clearly a warranty issue and if not even the dealer can help you then you should have confidence that Shimano will.

GSK13

Aug 3, 2024
Romania
Now I got back to the bike, just to see if I can start it, nothing, I plugged the charger, let it for 5 minutes, nothing, un plugged, and plug in again, and just started.

I turn it off and on, couple a times, I ride it near the house, all it s working like a charm. All the modes, functions, everything.

I ll go monday the local shop, for another diagnose, just to see if there are errors.

The errors that were today, do you have any idea that can be seen on monday ?

If the bike starts, off course.
Very strange

steve_sordy

Wedding Crasher
Nov 5, 2018
Lincolnshire, UK
It could be as simple as a control wire to the display getting squashed during installation of the battery.

It happened to me after a new battery under warranty. Completely randomly the display would go black and the assistance would stop. I took it to the LBS and the tech guy wheeled it away. I went for a nosy around the shop and just before I left the tech guy came out and said it was fixed. "All it took was a computer reboot". "Wow! thanks so much", said I. But as I grabbed the bars and turned the wheel to leave, the display went black.....

His face fell and he wheeled it away. Turned out to be a squashed control wire to the display. The new wire cost £7, the overall bill was high enough that it was another warranty claim, this time against the LBS that fitted the replacement battery.

GSK13

Aug 3, 2024
Romania
After I was able to turn it back on, I read the error memory and the E914, was the reason. I got back today to the LBS, and they could make a diagnose, same error. They told me that the soft needs an update for everything ( switch, display and drive unit ) though, I already did that from E tube, and no update needed. After they told me that the update was made, I checked in E tube, and same versions were displayed. I don t know if they actually do any update.

Anyway, they told me, that if the problem come back on, they will take down the drive unit and the battery, and will check all the connections !
I will keep you updated.

Screenshot_20240804_171908_E-TUBE.jpg

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles